Phuket tourists injured as taxi driver falls asleep at the wheel

webfact

Phuket tourists injured as taxi driver falls asleep at the wheel

Phuket Gazette

pkt2.jpeg         

The front end of the taxi was badly damaged in the crash. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- A taxi driver was injured after he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a concrete pillar in Thalang early this morning.

Two Chinese tourists sitting in the taxi sustained minor injuries due to the impact with the pillar of a pedestrian crossing bridge in the area.

“The collision occurred on the northbound Thepkrasattri Road near Muang Thalang School at about 4am. The Toyota was pretty banged up from the front.,” said Lt Sunan Petnhu of Thalang Police. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-tourists-injured-taxi-driver-falls-asleep/66284?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-02-20

13 hours ago, Panda13 said:

Clearly, you have never been stuck in an enclosed space having to listen to two of them talk. Its enough to make anyone fall asleep.

Two Chinese talking in a closed car would sound like a stone rattling in an empty biscuit tin......I admire his prowess on being able to fall asleep .....:w00t:

20 hours ago, Psimbo said:

its amazing how many people in Phuket seem to have the uncanny ability to fall asleep at the wheel.

Asians could sleep on a washing line. I used to watch them sleep standing up when commuting on the Tokyo underground.

23 hours ago, Panda13 said:

Clearly, you have never been stuck in an enclosed space having to listen to two of them talk. Its enough to make anyone fall asleep.

I disagree. One of the national traits of those passengers is to converse at high volume thus keeping the driver awake.