30 Day Visa - Short Extension - Cm Relevant

mallmagician

Hi,

My last Visa on Arrival runs out on the 19th December. I fly back to England on the 23rd December.

My question is this...

Is it easy to get a short extension to this visa at the emmigration by the airport? Do I need to leave it till the last day? Take proof of my flight home? etc.

Any tips would be appreciated. I want to avoid an overstay.

Kind Regards

Phil

I don't think you have a visa as visa on arrival are not issued to UK-passport holders.

Assuming you got a 30-days-stamp for visa-exempted-stay, suggest take your ticket and apply for the extension (Baht 1900) which normally will be given for a few days (5-10)

ask immigration, overstay might be cheaper than an extension. In some cases you can get the overstay at immigration before you are ready to go out, like pay in advance. you avoid the larger downsides of overstay but you still get that little overstay stamp in your pp but if anyone looks at it closely they would see that you paid before you really overstayed. it has been done this way when overstay was cheap, but you never know if it will be possible tomorrow.

Edited by mongoose

Overstay may be cheaper, but it is dangerous because if anyone from the 'official police' has eyed that you are overstaying, they are required to arrest you for being illegaly in Thailand. Something I would never risk.

Overstay may be cheaper, but it is dangerous because if anyone from the 'official police' has eyed that you are overstaying, they are required to arrest you for being illegaly in Thailand. Something I would never risk.

Yes Ajan, you are correct, the downside of overstay is very large and not worth the risk even if the chances of getting caught are small. I should not have suggested otherwise.

Take your pasport, one photo, 1900 baht and a pen to the immigration office which is just short of the airport when coming from town. Visit the small cafe at the back of immigration and they will copy as necessary and charge 4baht I believe. Complete the form you collect from immigration, sign the copied pages and submit.

This is the most routine of operations (providing you've been a good boy of course) and if you wait much longer than 30 minutes I'd be suprised. Can't remember the opening hours but go Monday around 1300 and this will allow the morning rush to clear and immigration oficers to have a feed. If you hand over 2000 baht they will return the 100baht change with your passport and extension. Don't be put off by the wording on the extension stamp (extension denied and have to leave the kingdom.....). I have always received 10 day extensions but sometimes they are counting from day of application and others from last date on entry stamp but your covered either way.