3BB slowed to a crawl

Becker

Wonder what's going on. I have called 3BB twice and they have not mentioned anything about an area wide problem. Have run numerous speed tests and testing against a Bangkok server gives normal results but anything abroad is uselessly slow. 

45 minutes ago, Becker said:

I live in south Pattaya and yesterday and today the Internet speed has slowed to a crawl in the afternoon. Anyone experiencing the same problem? 

yes! my 3BB fibre optic is down to a crawl and my TOT fibre optic is at 25% speed (both international access). domestic access is fast.

22 minutes ago, Naam said:

yes! my 3BB fibre optic is down to a crawl and my TOT fibre optic is at 25% speed (both international access). domestic access is fast.

Are we perhaps seeing the implementation of that wonderful brain fart child of the illustrious junta leader,  the "Single Gateway"? Let's hope the explanation is not as serious.

8 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Must be great fun using TV then with its bandwidth-zapping ads. :saai: Use my phone's 4G as backup, which is actually quicker than the wired service I'm on... activate hotspot.

What kind of Internet package have you got for your phone?

15 hours ago, Naam said:

3BB still a crawl, TOT back to normal. location "slightly" darkside :smile:

There may be some slowdowns as a result of the rupture of a major undersea cable linking SEA and the States. The cursed Asia America Gateway broke again on the weekend, second time this year. It broke 3-4 times last year. No word on repairs yet but it sometimes takes a week to 10 days due to sea conditions, etc.