Proving I've Been Living With My Thai Gf

Hi,

I've been in Thailand a few months now on a non-immi O visa. Soon after I got here I met a girl (as you do) who ended up moving in with me just over a month ago. I'm planning to stay here until probably October next year, and at that time if we're still together I thought it might be nice for her to come back to the UK for a visit (3 or 4 weeks). Neither of us are working, I've got plenty of savings at the mo, and to be honest I'm enjoying spending time with her and wouldn't want her working all day at the moment. I have told her though that if she did want to get a UK visit visa she would have to get a job at some point.

The one problem concerning me is how would we go about proving that we've been together for X months if/when we apply if we've been living in Thailand for that time? We obviously don't email each other, we use Thai sim cards and pay as you go so dont have phone records, I rent a room so no bills to put her name on. What sort of prove would be acceptable to the embassay in this situation?

I know it's early days still and things might not even work out, but I thought it was worth thinking about it sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

WideWheels.

Sounds like a tricky application because the embassy loves bits of paper as proof. Proof that you have been in Thailand yourself (your passport stamps) will be a help. Lots of photos of you together in different places will also be a good help. I don’t know how Thai banks work but if she has a bank account and puts your address as hers then statements be proof you living together.

Your biggest hurdle will be proving she will return and you should start giving that some thought.

Put both names on the Tabien Baan. Have mail addressed to each of you at that address. Register yourself at that address with the consular section at the embassy.

Farang can not be on a tambien Baan!!

At least for the states you would never get your thai GF a visa and I assume that the Birts are the same

The only way she would get one is; she is rich/owns land/educated etc

and if she was she would surely not be with you LOL :o

Sorry but that's the way it is

Edited by phuketrichard

Hi,

I've been in Thailand a few months now on a non-immi O visa. Soon after I got here I met a girl (as you do) who ended up moving in with me just over a month ago. I'm planning to stay here until probably October next year, and at that time if we're still together I thought it might be nice for her to come back to the UK for a visit (3 or 4 weeks). Neither of us are working, I've got plenty of savings at the mo, and to be honest I'm enjoying spending time with her and wouldn't want her working all day at the moment. I have told her though that if she did want to get a UK visit visa she would have to get a job at some point.

The one problem concerning me is how would we go about proving that we've been together for X months if/when we apply if we've been living in Thailand for that time? We obviously don't email each other, we use Thai sim cards and pay as you go so dont have phone records, I rent a room so no bills to put her name on. What sort of prove would be acceptable to the embassay in this situation?

I know it's early days still and things might not even work out, but I thought it was worth thinking about it sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

WideWheels.

If you want to make sure photographic evidence stands up as proof of the period of time you've been together then do what kidnappers do. Make sure you have the front page of the Bangkok Post in some of the pictures then any authorities should be more convinced of the time frame. That's all I can suggest for now but I hope it helps

As has been suggested, keep any letters sent to either of you at the same address. Alternatively, if you give each other greetings cards, then keep those. Likewise, if you travel together, keep ticket stubs/flight coupons. You may also ask any friends who have visited you to write a supporting letter stating that they know you and your girlfriend to be living together.

The one difficulty you have, is that you appear to be thinking about taking your girlfriend to the UK at a time when you will be heading back for good. On the basis that you are her means of support, the visa officer might consider that she has no reason to return to Thailand when her provider is leaving.

Scouse.

hello ,

Just some advice for you first make sure that the honey moon period is over with her because one thing thai woman are good at is making you feel that they really want to be with you, but believe me there are plenty of other reasons that she would not even tell you .

So lets say your past oll that , one way to get her home is to have a letter from a employer that confirms they are prepared to employ her and remember thai will check that .

hope it helps .

:D:D Beware my friend there are lots and lots of CONgirl out there. Two years back a dear friend fell head over heals in love, we gave him a gentle warn, which he didn't heed, turn out she had a Thai husband and four kids to support. The kids were keepers no matter what, but that husband?????. Good test is to SAY: no money, or easy back on the cash flow and see how things go. :D:o to be a downer on this one, but the truth best be known. Hope she is in fact your dream girl, there are indeed some here in the "Land of Smiles"

The one problem concerning me is how would we go about proving that we've been together for X months if/when we apply if we've been living in Thailand for that time?

PhuketRichard is right. Living together with a gf/bf is not a qualification for getting a visa.

Scouser makes a good point too. You can't paper over strong circumstantial evidence that she's planning to move there. You can do all the things suggested here whether you're living together or not, so it's not very convincing evidence.

Edited by FRK

What sort of prove would be acceptable to the embassay in this situation?

I had/have an almost identicle situation to yours. I ran out of time before I had to leave but I was going to open a joint bank account with the GF with both our names on it. The Bangkok bank at Suhkumvit & soi 10-12 (there abouts, but that side of sukhumvit anyhew) will allow falang to open a bank account even on just a 30 day in/out stamp.

However because I was on the 30 day in/out stamp the bank required a signed letter from my embassy verifying who I am. I ran out of time before I could get this done by the time I had to leave. It's probably alot easier to do on any visa other than 30 day in/out stamp & probably (I don't know for sure) a tourist visa.

But I think this would be about as bulletproof as you could get to prove you know each other & for how long. It won't help for the months you have already spent with the GF but it should be good going forward.

Edited by chokdeekrap

If you want to make sure photographic evidence stands up as proof of the period of time you've been together then do what kidnappers do. Make sure you have the front page of the Bangkok Post in some of the pictures then any authorities should be more convinced of the time frame.

So if you want to prove you've been together 6 months, go to the library and get a June edition of the Post and photograph yourselves with it. One year: use a December '05 Post. Eighteen months: June '05 Post. Why not go for ten years? Use a 1996 Post. You get the picture.

Edited by FRK

So if you want to prove you've been together 6 months, go to the library and get a June edition of the Post and photograph yourselves with it. One year: use a December '05 Post. Eighteen months: June '05 Post. Why not go for ten years? Use a 1996 Post. You get the picture.

that sounds like a GREAT idea FRK. i basically gave up on the idea of being able to prove i'd been with my GF for the last 1.5 years other than just regular photos taken here & there with a date stamp on them & emails from way back when.

that sounds like a GREAT idea FRK. i basically gave up on the idea of being able to prove i'd been with my GF for the last 1.5 years other than just regular photos taken here & there with a date stamp on them & emails from way back when.

I can't tell if you realized my suggestion was made tongue in cheek. The "kidnap photo" works only to show that someone was alive on or after the date of the photographed newspaper. It doesn't prove anything about what they were doing on the date of the newspaper, since you can photograph yourself with any newspaper from the past. So this evidence is worthless.

The dated-stamped photo is not much better, since anyone can set the date on their camera to any date they want.