Wood boat builder (local) to build a project for me?

impulse

I don't know which forum this belongs in, so I'll start in general and hope the Mods can help me out.

I'm looking for someone who knows a wooden (plywood) boat builder who can build a small and simple 15' boat to some plans that I have.  Specifically, a recommendation based on personal knowledge and/or experience and not just a "have you tried that shop out on the highway?".  In fact, I suspect my best candidate would be one working out of a home garage, not a formal shop.

I also want to avoid paying 10x the material and labor cost that some of the specialty shops think they should charge based on their spec boat prices.  

It's a simple set of plans- I'd prefer to provide the plans, pay for the materials and then a reasonable amount for the labor, shop time and a premium for actually getting it done.  If it doesn't work out, the money I squander won't bankrupt me, or have me eating beans for 3 meals a day.  In other words, this is meant to be fun, not a do-or-die proposition.   I'm not looking for a mirror finish with 20 coats of lacquer, lovingly sanded between each coat.  I just want to get out on the water, and my 5th floor apartment balcony has proven unsuitable for the work.

Anybody tuned in have a Thai friend or brother in law that fits the bill near Bangkok (where I live), or Pattaya/Jomtien/Sattahip?  I don't speak Thai, but can pay some of my co-workers to help with translation and to expedite the work and the flow of money.

I'd also be interested in hearing (by PM) from any like minded souls who have, or would like to try something similar.  Just to be clear, I'm not looking for any investment money, just some shared energy.

Edited by impulse