Mitsubishi Triton/ Or Ford Ranger

kannot

Thinking of a new pick  up, I  like the look of the Triton always have, got a Hilux  now  but the new  model is  just plain dull, whats your experience of the "new Triton" if  you have one............thing I like is plenty of grunt, styling, anything to  look out for? known faults?

Let it  rip............ps I dont want a Hilux again although it has been pretty  good, Ford Ranger  looks  good but worry about reliability

Only interested in the megacab as mine is used for work on the land a fair  ole  bit

7 minutes ago, juehoe said:

The new Nissan Navarra seems to be a good option, too or the Isuzu.

We own a Mazda BT-50 which is based on the Ford Ranger and have no problems.

Wife has a Juke  but havent been impressed  much with the dealers service compared to Hondas, of course thats down to the dealers in question.

I find the paint quality these days pretty abysmal on ALL cars trucks etc, had to get the Juke paintwork cut back to get a decent  mirror  finish, found Nissan and Mazda the worst in that respect.

Im not over keen on the Fords Interior, it looks  cheap imo but exterior  looks  quite  good.

I like the Tritons power 181ps and Interior, exterior is just  "ok"

Fords website is crap it  wont show any of the pick up models in detail for some reason "ooops  that page  not available " etc unless thats  my laptop?

Navaras  did have that EPIC gearbox  problem ? I think it was, I knew someone who had that problem and Nissan brushed them off in the UK  it was virtually a scrap car after 2  years.

18 minutes ago, ocean268 said:

Extremely Happy with the Triton Limited Edition

1487936486961.jpg1487936515094.jpg

Thanks for the info, Im  looking at the megacab as the bed on the 4  door  is too short for my occasional plant buying forays, I find the colour choice  too limited also, Ford has a  way better choice but Triton remains my preference at the moment, Ill go  look round the dealers sometime

38 minutes ago, ocean268 said:

the 2016 Mega Cab Plus price is listed....the 2017 has a slight price increase.

1487938136956.jpg

thanks,  colour  choice  pretty  limited, Malaysia  gets a  nice  metallic red:sad:

The OP should drive the trucks and pick the one they like.  The current and previous model Rangers and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen Tritons we have had as work trucks have all been fine.  These were all basic extended cab models.  Any difference in reliability or resale value between Triton and Ranger is likely to be small and not possible to predict.  

Some research on local dealer capability is a good idea.  Our Ford dealer has been fine but I know of another with a bad reputation which we do not use.  The two Mitsu dealers we use have been good, but we avoid another one because they lack diagnostic equipment.  

When buying these trucks over the years, Toyota and Isuzu usually charge a premium relative to their spec.  We did not recover this premium when selling battered ex Company Isuzu D-maxs in the past.  However this may be different for a private buyer.  For us, the last two Ford deals gave a better discount so Mitsu and the others missed out but that can easily swing with the timing of new models etc,  

Good luck with what ever you choose.