Are sausages any good on the streets?

swissmaninthailand

I don't think any sausages are that healthy. The problem with those in your video is that they are normally deep fried (sometimes steamed) and heavenly processed. Who knows what is actually in them. Having said that, I have eaten them on occasions, normally with a beer or two and they have never done m any noticeable harm. The sauces they are served with can be a bit tangy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

the little isaan sausages are quite nice...round and smaller than a golf ball and comes on a string with others...sorta like the sex thingie...

very popular, keep yer eyes peeled when walking past food stalls...

that stuff in the photo I wouldn't feed to a cat...

I've yet to find a real sausage in Thailand. They're all terrible. They taste like a combination of corn meal and beans. My guess is they have little or no meat in them. They're all white or some scary mix of orange and yellow. Meatballs are pretty much the same. 

I've yet to find a real sausage in Thailand. They're all terrible. They taste like a combination of corn meal and beans. My guess is they have little or no meat in them. They're all white or some scary mix of orange and yellow. Meatballs are pretty much the same. 

It's Understandable. You can't expect at 10 baht a pop they would be plenty beef, chicken or pork , even chiang Mai sausage which is the most expensive there are all sorts of gristle and stuff in them

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2017 at 10:44 AM, stubuzz said:

They are delicious, but i stopped eating them as they quite often made me sick.

Perhaps the coating of diesel soot, general dust, fly foot, fly spit and the powdered dry dog xxxx in the air that may be on them is what's upsetting you stomach wise.

?

On 3/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, bangkokorbust said:

Chang Mai sausage is awesome. All the little old ladies selling them look a hundred so they must be good for you. They are usually in a big coil and around 300 baht a kilo.. They can be a bit spicy

The sell the same ones in Chiang Rai, a stall near the clock tower...killer !

On March 2, 2017 at 1:59 PM, tuktuktuk said:

I like the ones with rice mixed in. They taste good and are lower in saturated fat. 

• 4 weeks later...

None of the fried stuff for me. But I like grilled Isaan sausage (Sai krok) and Northern Sausage (Sai Ua).
Though I cut down a bit eating Sai Krok as they contain a lot of curing salt