Chantaburi 1:50000 Maps

rods

Hi all.

Anyone know where I can get hold of 1:50000 (or 1:20000) topographic maps of eastern Chantaburi? Specifically after Amphoes Makham and Pongnamron. I've found suppliers for western Chant. but it seems like no one covers the east side. (perhaps because of Cambodian border, and the fact that a lot of it was recently stolen from Cambodia??!!!!!)

I'd be grateful for any ideas. thanks.

rods

Some info for you. I doubt you will find a supplier. ALL maps in Thailand can be/are controlled by the military, general publication is not allowed for sensitive areas. I know that when in Phuket you could not buy, rent, steal an arial map of the island. You could go to the distric land office and view it.

You might try the the land office in Chantaburi town, I haven't seen a land office in Makham. Land offices in the province generally have all the info you need.

Hi all.

Anyone know where I can get hold of 1:50000 (or 1:20000) topographic maps of eastern Chantaburi? Specifically after Amphoes Makham and Pongnamron. I've found suppliers for western Chant. but it seems like no one covers the east side. (perhaps because of Cambodian border, and the fact that a lot of it was recently stolen from Cambodia??!!!!!)

I was loaned and copied on to my hard disk a map program..

Its called Magic Map(Thailand 2005-2006 ET)

put out by Think Net Co.,Ltd.

You can enlarge any sect you want and print it..

Would that be of any help ??

Magic map has several versions, I believe there is one for the Eastern provinces. Also Google Map is decent in some sections of Chantaburi, less so in Pong Nam Rong. There is also another Thai map/view program called Point Asia. Similar to Google's Map. Some areas have better definition.

Moving the pointer in the map programs gives you elevations, within reason.

Not knowing the intended use that is the best I can recommend.

Hi all.

Go to the Royal Thai Survey Department in Bangkok (near the Grand Palace - Kalayanamaitri Road, Pranakonon - spelling ????).

Their you can buy the published topo maps in paper or they will burn selected areas onto CD. You cannot buy sensitive areas, which include border regions e.g. Laos border. They have a 1:50,000 series which I think is called L7018.

You need a Thai person to request the maps, and must be someone "important" like a teacher or a bank clerk.

Edit: Typo, plus I just noticed you ask for Cambodian border area, probably unavailable.

I think the site www.omnimap.com gives more details of what sheets are available - it used to anyway but I haven't checked recently.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by phibunmike