Hundreds of thankful villagers return to pay respect to ‘lottery goddess’ in Prachin Buri

webfact

Hundreds of thankful villagers return to pay respect to ‘lottery goddess’ in Prachin Buri
By The Nation

PRACHIN BURI: -- Hundreds of thankful villagers returned to a temple in Prachin Buri Thursday morning to fulfill their promise given to a “lottery goddess” after they won two- and three-digit underground lottery betting Wednesday.

These same villagers came to Wat Phra Ya Tham since late Tuesday night on the eve of government lottery day on Wednesday to pray for winning two or three-digit numbers, promising to somehow repay the spirit they believe to reside in the ta-khian log.

The log has been unearthed from a bottom of a nearby river and it has been transported to the temple by trailer truck with a license plate of 82-1953. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307695

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-02

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Hundreds of thankful villagers returned to a temple in Prachin Buri Thursday morning to fulfill their promise given to a “lottery goddess” after they won two- and three-digit underground lottery

“lottery goddess” isn't "Thai" Buddhism a wonderful thing?

3 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

Truly amazing. First it's statues on the dashboard saving dumb motorists from death when they drive insanely.

Now a log won the lottery.

Did I enter a time warp when I came through Swampy, to the dark ages?

You're right,so you must be on the 1st flight out back to the bright ages.

Truly amazing. First it's statues on the dashboard saving dumb motorists from death when they drive insanely.

Very much so

You entered the Twilight Zone.

11 hours ago, Ian Maxwell said:

could someone who knows a lot about the Thai lottery here clear something up for me and maybe some others as well ! if you get the last three numbers correct do you win anything back ? 

Yes,but only the last 2 digits of the 1st prizes .And also the 4 3 digits and 2 digits that was drawn.

On 2.3.2017 at 10:02 AM, MarkusAUST said:

I have precisely the same feeling