Changing money

nevcross

I would be grateful for advice. I am about to go to Cambodia for a few days. On previous trips I have bought US Dollars, usually with baht, from the exchanges around the markets-in PP/Sihanoukville.  Do you think I should continue to do this or should I buy US Dollars with UK Pounds, thinking on, would I be better buying  US Dollars in Bangkok, either with baht or my UK pounds? Hopefully someone has experimented and worked out the most efficient way of doing this, thanks if you can share.........P

No, stick with your first option of Thai baht, if you are holding baht already and buy USD at the Chinese exchanges. You are minimising your conversion charges and keeping it simple. Also, they usually give you a decent rate at this money changers, many occasions it is slightly better than the banks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you buy USD using Baht not an issue, if you convert GBP to USD, they will likely convert your GBP to Baht and then  to USD you will be paying two exchange rates. I have had this before in HK where I wanted to exchange RMB to GBP, but they insisted to change the RMB to HK$ first and the to GBP

Archived