90 day Non-O Visa Single Entry Need Assistance for extension

I have just received a 90 Day Non-O one time entry Visa from the Thai Consulate in Atlanta, Ga USA. My wife has a 10 year US Tourist Visa and she

is planning on applying for her residency for the USA (green Card) when we return to Thailand next month. I understand this will take 3-4 months through the

US Embassy. I tried to get a 90 day Non-O multiple entry Visa, but they said we would have to go to Washington, DC Embassy, so I took the one time entry.

I will probably need to extend my stay, in Thailand,  up to 90 days more. Any recommendations on how and where I would do this? We could go to Laos, Cambodia,

or Vietnam between visas , if necessary. Thanks for any of your inputs or recommendations.

Thanks Steve for your reply. The 60 day extension sounds good. Also, do I need an ongoing airline ticket? I have lived in Thailand

for 14 years prior to this trip and always get an annual Non-O. I haven't had a Tourist Visa in 20 years. I want to wait for Eva Air's

Fall Sale before purchasing another R/T. I could buy a one way to Phnom Phen, one way, for $60.00.