Opening Thai Bank Acc in Korat with Non O Visa and no Work Permit

Hi Thai Visa.

Could any members advise me on a good bank in Korat that will open an account for me. I have a non o single entry visa based on having a Thai child. I have no work permit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SMART 4G MAX 5.5 using Tapatalk

Hi Thai Visa.
Could any members advise me on a good bank in Korat that will open an account for me. I have a non o single entry visa based on having a Thai child. I have no work permit. Any advice would be appreciated.

To open an account you will need to get a residency certificate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just get yourself a residency certificate and your passport ( non O visa ) and go to the Kasikorn Bank. Tell them that you need to open a savings account to apply the one year non O visa and that will do. But if you don't have the 400,000 batt cash its still ok, tell the bank someone will send the money to you maybe a week or more. Good luck to you!

Just get yourself a residency certificate and your passport ( non O visa ) and go to the Kasikorn Bank. Tell them that you need to open a savings account to apply the one year non O visa and that will do. But if you don't have the 400,000 batt cash its still ok, tell the bank someone will send the money to you maybe a week or more. Good luck to you!

Do I get the Residency Certificate from local immigration offices in Korat?

2 minutes ago, RiVape said:

You should be able to get one. Not sure what Korat immigration will require.

If you are living with your child's mother she may be able to go the bank with you and act as your reference to open the account. She would need her ID card and a copy of her house book registry.

• Like 1

Yes, at your local immigration with your Thai wife if you are married with her in Thailand ( Thai marriage poof need to show ) and also at the same time apply for the TM 30 that she need to.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Most of the Bangkok Bank branches will let you open an account just based on you passport and, if needed a signed paper from landlord or houseowner that you have an address.

Not anymore but can get lucky

Things no doubt have changed but its all about money because each branch seems to operate separately 

Wife had 2 accounts one in BKK & Korat

In the Korat branch i put a small amount for her in that one & a large amount in the BKK one, Bank asked why large amount in BKK so after explaining he said come back tomorrow with Passport & thats how i got mine

In one branch, right?

No,tried several and all told me the same thing.All up to date threads on the net say the same also and that yes you can get lucky and find one that will open on just a passport but it's very rare now so it's just easier to get the residency certificate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deathlay said:

No,tried several and all told me the same thing.All up to date threads on the net say the same also and that yes you can get lucky and find one that will open on just a passport but it's very rare now so it's just easier to get the residency certificate.

Has a branch told you they will open an account if you get a residency certificate? I ask because I am not so sure but maybe you have been lucky.

• Like 1

Has a branch told you they will open an account if you get a residency certificate? I ask because I am not so sure but maybe you have been lucky.

All the branches told me i needed a residency certificate and also all up to date information on the net says the same thing