Where Is The Best Steak House In Chiang Mai ?

princealbert

Just had my normal afternoon snooze and woke with an enormous hunger for a real good juicy steak or some good old fashioned falang food ?

All thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

From a truely steak hungry brit

Sizzler (either Airport Plaza or Kad Suan Kaew) would have to get my vote.

The one thing is that they are consistent. The food is not great one day and shyt the next. It is always pretty good.

They have good steak from US, Oz and New Zealand. None of this "nua kwai" that Ban Rai Steak House (and others) dish up.

AND their seafood is not all that bad either.

Like I say they are consistent and to me that's three parts of the equation.

A few years back, her indoors screwed up, and failed to secure a booking at the Sheraton (then Westin) and as a contingency we finished up at Sizzler for Christmas dinner.

They had these dollies all decked out as female father Christmas' in red uniforms, with a bit of white trim and short skirts.

Had the food not been so good (and of course had she "her indoors" not been there) I would have eaten them.

We never got to go back for Xmas dinner as she didn't like the competition.

The only other place in Chiangmai that was consistently good was Beefeater but then you had to mortgage your house to eat there. :o

Edited by john b good

Just had my normal afternoon snooze and woke with an enormous hunger for a real good juicy steak or some good old fashioned falang food ?

I used to go to Piccolo Roma, when I was in Chiang Mai. Probably the best food I have ever ate. The last time I went was about 3 yrs ago, at that time the Italian chef/owner was superb.

It is expensive, but is excellent

Consistency is the most over-rated quality in the restaurant business IMHO. Consistency is great when you're in the engineering business. But in food? I'd like food to be either an art, or a love, but never engineering.

So very true....

I would like to order a medium rare piece of mild steel and I will have some nuts and bolts from the salad bar.

:D:D:o

How about giving the Down Under a try (in Nimmanhamin Road) - We had a meal of nice juicy tee bone with baked potato and butter the other day.

I suggest you try the Down under in (Nimmanhamin Rd) – We had a nice juicy tee bone with baked potato and butter at the Down Under the other day. Friendly place with a reasonable selection of Oz and Thai style tucker.

I'd like food to be either an art, or a love, but never engineering.

Hmmm....Chachao wake up! wake up! :D

Or

(Save a joint for me, okay?) :o

But I laid around a bit

Then I had another hit.

Then I rolled myself a bauma.

Then I thought about my mama.

Then I fooled around, played around

jacked around a while and then

I got stoned and I missed it. :D

I'd like food to be either an art, or a love, but never engineering.

Hmmm....Chachao wake up! wake up! :D

Or

(Save a joint for me, okay?) :D

But I laid around a bit

Then I had another hit.

Then I rolled myself a bauma.

Then I thought about my mama.

Then I fooled around, played around

jacked around a while and then

I got stoned and I missed it. :D

:o