Retirement Visa Multiple Entry Question

I'm getting some conflicting information and would appreciate if someone could clarify.

With a Retirement Visa  is it necessary to get a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand during the course of the 1 year validity or does the Retirement Visa automatically allow multiple entries without need to apply for re-entry permit before departing??

Thanks.  

Yes I can understand that you get conflicting information by reading your post. Correct wording and terms are really important so:

a - If you have a retirement-VISA, då you mean an extension of stay or a Non Imm O-A?? Or a Non Immigrant "O" based on retirement...

b - If you have a O-A,,, you need nothing first year,, but the second you need Re entry permits for keeping validity...

c - If you are having an extension of stay, the same...you need re entry permits....

d - If you have a Non Immigrant "O"- VISA just based on retirement,,, you must leave the country each and every 90th day.

So what exactly do you have???

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

1 minute ago, Two Roads said:

Yes, currently have a non-immigrant O multiple entry visa which I will change to a Retirement Visa next month. 

Nope, that is wrong wording. You have a non immigrant "O"-VISA and you will next month most probably extend you stay by doing an EXTENSION OF STAY based on retirement, which NOT is a VISA..

So your original question... YES you mut always buy a re entry permit a 1.000 baht when leaving the country, and if you prefer to buy a multiple re entry permit that one costs 3.800 baht

Glegolo

3 minutes ago, Two Roads said:

Yes, currently have a non-immigrant O multiple entry visa which I will change to a Retirement Visa next month. 

I assume you mean you will be applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 days of your current 90 day entry from your visa. You would need to get a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid if you want to travel. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple 30800 baht.

• Like 1

You're right, I obviously have the terminology wrong so let me see if in understand.

I currently have a Non-immigrant O Visa --(which allows me multiple entry/exits during its 1 year validity)--but when I wish to apply for a longer term stay, with what I thought was called a Retirement Visa, what I'm really applying for is an extension of stay based on retirement....correct??

That retirement extension allows for a 1 year stay, without the need to exit every 90 days, but if I exit then I must apply for a re-entry permit before departing...correct??

Does the 3800 Baht multiple re-entry permit the allow unlimited entry/exits w/o need to apply again during the course of the year??

Thanks for the help. It can be a bit confusing.

An extension based on retirement still requires 90 day reporting. The clock is reset each time you enter, Yes, the "re-entry permit" if "multiple" allows you to travel at will, exit/enter etc during the period of validity.

7 minutes ago, Two Roads said:

You're right, I obviously have the terminology wrong so let me see if in understand.

I currently have a Non-immigrant O Visa --(which allows me multiple entry/exits during its 1 year validity)--but when I wish to apply for a longer term stay, with what I thought was called a Retirement Visa, what I'm really applying for is an extension of stay based on retirement....correct??

That retirement extension allows for a 1 year stay, without the need to exit every 90 days, but if I exit then I must apply for a re-entry permit before departing...correct??

Does the 3800 Baht multiple re-entry permit the allow unlimited entry/exits w/o need to apply again during the course of the year??

Thanks for the help. It can be a bit confusing.

Correct on all of them.

A multiple re-entry permit  allows unlimited entries for the length of your extension. When you enter the country you will stamped  to the date your extension ends. 

Got it!!  Thanks very much.

Can I apply for the multiple re-entry permit at the same time I apply for the retirement extension??

Will apply at Korat immigration.

By the way they told me I could apply for the extension once I got to within the last 45 days of my current 90 day visa entry.

I guess some immigration offices allow 45 days while others 30??    

20 minutes ago, Goldbear said:

Sounds like you might have an O-A visa.

I guess you missed this post by the OP.

39 minutes ago, Two Roads said:

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I guess you missed this post by the OP.

I thought that O-A visas were a year long and that the non immigrant O visas were only 90 days. In another post he said this, "I currently have a Non-immigrant O Visa --(which allows me multiple entry/exits during its 1 year validity)." 

Sorry if I misunderstood. 

Non-Immigrant Visa

6. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit
counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the
Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay
is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

Does the above mentioned can apply to my status since I am on NON-O multi visa without having to go back home and get a new non-o visa, appreciate the explanation 

5 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Non-Immigrant Visa

6. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit
counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the
Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay
is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

Does the above mentioned can apply to my status since I am on NON-O multi visa without having to go back home and get a new non-o visa, appreciate the explanation 

Yes, you can apply to extend any of the 90 day entries by 1 year, but only if you can meet the reason (e.g. You're the spouse/parent of a Thai or over 50, other), and the financial requirements which vary based on the reason for the extension.

25 minutes ago, Goldbear said:

I thought that O-A visas were a year long and that the non immigrant O visas were only 90 days. In another post he said this, "I currently have a Non-immigrant O Visa --(which allows me multiple entry/exits during its 1 year validity)." 

Sorry if I misunderstood. 

A multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

A OA visa allow unlimited one year entries for a year from the date of issue.

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

(e.g. You're the spouse/parent of a Thai or over 50, other), and the financial requirements which vary based on the reason for the extension.

Unfortunately I am not a spouse or a parent of a Thai and I am not over 50 yet but I can meet financial requirement 65K baht because I am early retired.  So, I only have one option left which is (other) otherwise I'll just have to get a new one from home.