ECU help needed

Hi everybody,

We got a 1.6 liter Peugeot rcz which is about 5 years old. We bought it grey market here in Thailand which means you get it for reduced import tax. Normally it cost around 80.000 Uk pounds but we got it for a bit less. The problem is that Peugeot is not allowing it to be serviced in their own work shop. That was fine until we got a serious issue with the ecu and the local repair shop did not have the software to reset or update the newly bought bosch ecu.

The old ecu can still be read out but not copied as they are not able to copy the key that the car recognized. We really don't know what to do.

Can somebody advice.

For example is there a way to actually copy this key?
Can we send the old ecu to Europe and have it done there?

I hope you can assist. Thanks

Yeah been in touch with Rutger a while ago and did send him two ECU. He said he could copy the original data to the new ecu but does not have the updated software from the oem. I check in Malaysia as well , thanks for the feedback

I'm curious how you managed to buy it with a "reduced level of import tax", do you mean that a certain amount of tax was evaded by the grey market importer/seller? 

There aren't different levels of import duty for the same vehicles from the same manufacturers, in the same countries, if there were the official importers would, obviously, be up in arms.

Edited by gdgbb