Current Soi Buakhao Baht Bus News

patekatek

I plan on a visit to Pattaya in a couple weeks and would like to know what the current situation is regarding baht buses on Buhkhoa.   The last information I could find posted in the forum was from one month ago.

I normally stay on the south end of this soi and use the baht bus a lot.   If they have been removed, or severely curtailed,  I would like to know so I can look elsewhere for a room.

Thanks, in advance, to people posting accurate responses.

39 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

There's more bahtbuses than you can wish for.......holding up traffic, stopping for every single soul...nothing has changed

Don't worry, come and stay at the south end of Soi BK

Great to hear. Does anyone know if the new route on 3rd Road got established?

29 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Almost all bahtbuses do carry stickers with a certain route, but just a handful is (coincedentally) on the right track. :post-4641-1156694572:

Lots more baht buses now carry "exclusive" passengers, i.e. will take you anywhere for the right price. In the past they mainly did this from bus stations, but now they wait outside most of the better hotels and large apartments

9 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Lots more baht buses now carry "exclusive" passengers, i.e. will take you anywhere for the right price. In the past they mainly did this from bus stations, but now they wait outside most of the better hotels and large apartments

And the ones operating from the bus station won't drop you on soi Buakhao In front of your hotel for 50 baht anymore. They only go to beach road and second road. I'm staying on soi Buakhao myself and the baht bus driver told me that he would drop me off at the bottom of soi Diana because of "police police"...

Edited by kiaora1968

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

I've never had a problem flagging down an empty or nearly empty song taeow anywhere and negotiating a price to a specific location.

On 3/5/2017 at 0:16 PM, joepattaya1961 said:

There's more bahtbuses than you can wish for.......holding up traffic, stopping for every single soul...nothing has changed

Don't worry, come and stay at the south end of Soi BK

I'm with you on this one. Why can't they just travel around without picking up any passengers at all. That would stop them delaying traffic. They are most a inconsiderate lot.

Den 

2 hours ago, DekDaeng said:

Looks like they are running on Jomtien 2nd now, starting at Sukhumvit -

(Hope the 'powers' don't read TV!)

in fact, it would make full sense to create such "circle lines" covering Sukhumvit