B Visa queries - single and multiple entries

Hi guys,

in relation to this thread - (sorry had to create a new one as could not post on below)

If i have just gotten my B Visa for single entry (90 days) but i need to fly home within the next 30 days, are we allowed to convert single entry to multiple entry immediately once i reach bangkok?

Or should i just apply for my re-entry (TM 8 form) at the airport when i land? (i potentially already know what day(s) i will fly back)

appreciate any advice. thank you

You can not change a single entry visa to a multiple entry anywhere without applying for a new visa at a embassy or consulate.

If you can qualify for a one year extension of stay you could get a multiple re-entry permit after it is granted. You would need a work permit to apply for the extension and a lot of documents from your employer.

You cannot get a re-entry permit on arrival. You have to apply for re-entry permit at a immigration office or at some airports on departure from the country.

A re-entry permit would only keep the remainder of the 90 day entry from the visa valid when you enter the country using it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 8:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can not change a single entry visa to a multiple entry anywhere without applying for a new visa at a embassy or consulate.

If you can qualify for a one year extension of stay you could get a multiple re-entry permit after it is granted. You would need a work permit to apply for the extension and a lot of documents from your employer.

You cannot get a re-entry permit on arrival. You have to apply for re-entry permit at a immigration office or at some airports on departure from the country.

A re-entry permit would only keep the remainder of the 90 day entry from the visa valid when you enter the country using it.

Hi ubonjoe,

Many thanks for your earlier reply. I am just a little confused now and seek your kind clarification.

Non-Immigrant B Visa (single entry) issued in home country consular - March 2017

Work Permit issued by Labour Department - April 2017

Can I know apply for the multiple re-entry permit (TM8) or do i need to now apply for a Visa for one year of stay? Apologies I am a little confused if there is one or two documents involved by Immigration?

Thank you in advance

Edited by JWNY

30 minutes ago, JWNY said:

Can I know apply for the multiple re-entry permit (TM8) or do i need to now apply for a Visa for one year of stay? Apologies I am a little confused if there is one or two documents involved by Immigration?

You would apply for a one year extension of stay (not a visa) at immigration using a TM7 application form.

After the extension is done you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit that would be valid for the length of the extension.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would apply for a one year extension of stay (not a visa) at immigration using a TM7 application form.

After the extension is done you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit that would be valid for the length of the extension.

Thanks for your guidance ubonjoe. Hopefully the process is not too long. TM7 seems like applying for Work Permit (with regards to documentation required)

TM8 looks quite straightforward for Multiple Re-entry option (cross fingers)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ubonjoe,

Seek clarification for future. For following years, would it be easier to apply for One-Year B Visa with multiple entry, rather than extending stay then applying multiple re-entry permit (seems like latter is two-steps). 

23 minutes ago, JWNY said:

Hi ubonjoe,

Seek clarification for future. For following years, would it be easier to apply for One-Year B Visa with multiple entry, rather than extending stay then applying multiple re-entry permit (seems like latter is two-steps). 

It depends upon what you consider easier. Leaving the country to apply for the new multiple entry non-b visa every year and leaving the country every 90 days for a new entry. Or applying for an extension of stay based upon working at your local immigration office and never needing to leave the country unless you want to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 2:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what you consider easier. Leaving the country to apply for the new multiple entry non-b visa every year and leaving the country every 90 days for a new entry. Or applying for an extension of stay based upon working at your local immigration office and never needing to leave the country unless you want to.

Good point. I think i'll just go to Chamjuree Square every year. Thanks for your assistance and replies ubonjoe