For those of you who know me

For those of you who know me, fiends or otherwise.......

I have a broken bone in my left arm due to a fall onto a cement floor.

I will be going into hospital on the 10th of March for an operation to reset the broken bone.

So I will be off this forum for a few days

I expect at least 2 days in hospital

Will cost me about 200K baht for operation.

Doctor says about 6 weeks for recuperation after operation

But you won't get away with it, I will be back.

Remember, what doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

i just have to ask,

this is a forum, why do you  feel the need to post abut ur surgery here?  If u have friends here.  pm them...
in HS  we called that being a "drama queen".

It appears many people who move here have no outside friends so the forum becomes their life. Just get yourself a dog if you're living here for the lifespan of the dog's life and cant make friends. My question is more what surgery for a broken arm would cost 200,000 baht. Would be cheaper flying home and having it done, or at lease having a second opinion to see if it necessary. 

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

It appears many people who move here have no outside friends so the forum becomes their life. Just get yourself a dog if you're living here for the lifespan of the dog's life and cant make friends. My question is more what surgery for a broken arm would cost 200,000 baht. Would be cheaper flying home and having it done, or at lease having a second opinion to see if it necessary. 

18 hours ago, transam said:

Hmmm. thought a broken arm didn't need an operation, re-aline and plaster...minutes..200,000bht......:sad:

Not always so simple.

I broke my wrist (again...) a couple of years ago after a fall and it needed re-aligning.  Two choices:-

1) Operation to not only re-set the bones but also to insert 'pins' - around 200,000 bht IIRC.  Pros and cons as osteoporosis meant that inserting 'pins' would be difficult (not much to hold onto in that area), or

2) Manual manipulation to pull it back into place.

Perhaps IMA_FARANG needs pins inserted in his arm to hold it in place?

Obviously I've no idea, but I hope it all goes well for him.

7 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

i just have to ask,

this is a forum, why do you  feel the need to post abut ur surgery here?  If u have friends here.  pm them...
in HS  we called that being a "drama queen".

Wrong. Better to whack it the forum for all friends/acquaintances to see. I imagine writing individual emails will be a bigger task given he has broken bones!