Villagers in Chayaphum prepare to chase away the ghosts after death of four cows

webfact

Villagers prepare to chase away the ghosts after death of four cows

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHAYAPHUM: -- Villagers in Chayaphum in Thailand's north-east are convinced malevolent ghosts are at work after the death of four cows and other animals in their area.

The death of a six month pregnant cow in Sok Pla Duk sub-district was the final straw. The locals are sure that "phee pop" and "phee graseu" are to blame, reported Sanook.

To add to the weight of evidence the villagers said that many other animals were dying over the last few months - and often on the eve of Buddhist holy days (Wan Phra).

Now they are preparing for ceremonies to banish the evil spirits from the area before they strike again.

This usually involves hiring a specially trained "ghostbuster" who orders the spirits to show themselves. Then sticks are used to chase the spirits into an earthenware jar for capture and removal.

However, local vets are not so sure about the ghost theory.

They think that the death of the cows is due to disease. They have taken samples away in an effort to convince the villagers that pathogens rather than "phee" might be to blame.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-09

Spiritual beliefs make totally different from the science ,Even in Hindu,Christian,Muslim &other believers doing so.Here the thing which is needed to be changed  is the societies' developments towards science world and the basic knowledge of medical science&diseases how it affects the living being .Proper special initiative of young students in grouping can change the situation conducting seminars in villages of the communities to give enough right knowledge.I hope &want to help in this regard.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   - Christopher Jeyapaul

Our village has been under attack by ghosts for years now. Many people have suffer'd at the hands of 3 ghost solders on a motorbike.

We have had a number of ceremony's to chase the ghosts away, they are fantastic. In our village the oldest man in the village gets dressed in old style clothes and after he gets very drunk he is armed with a large sword. He runs around the village as every one chases him hitting pots and pans.It dose not seem to work as the ghosts keep coming back but it is very entertaining. 

Our village has been under attack by ghosts for years now. Many people have suffer'd at the hands of 3 ghost solders on a motorbike.

We have had a number of ceremony's to chase the ghosts away, they are fantastic. In our village the oldest man in the village gets dressed in old style clothes and after he gets very drunk he is armed with a large sword. He runs around the village as every one chases him hitting pots and pans.It dose not seem to work as the ghosts keep coming back but it is very entertaining. 

Next time, please video!!!!!+
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

19 hours ago, Christopher Jeyapaul said:

Spiritual beliefs make totally different from the science ,Even in Hindu,Christian,Muslim &other believers doing so.Here the thing which is needed to be changed  is the societies' developments towards science world and the basic knowledge of medical science&diseases how it affects the living being .Proper special initiative of young students in grouping can change the situation conducting seminars in villages of the communities to give enough right knowledge.I hope &want to help in this regard.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   - Christopher Jeyapaul

Hopefully you are in your early twenties, so keep at it and dont lose heart, and maybe just maybe you will see some positive results just after you reach 90

A word to the wise, stick with the ghosts dont even think about the roads

Good Luck

16 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I have a pretty good idea who enjoyed it most

Yes indeed! They take these ghost stories very seriously. I once was near Roiet with a girlfriend and was thinking about staying for a while. I spotted what looked like a decent small house that had high weeds grown up around it. I asked about renting it and I thought the girlfriend was going to have heart failure. She insisted that the house was haunted and she was scared to death that I was going to stop to take a look. I didn't stop, only slowed down. I tried to reason with her and told her that I had done nothing to the ghost. There is absolutely no talking the people out of their fear.

I know my earlier post about 'aliens' suggested an uncaring attitude but there are a hell of a lot reasons why cattle die, ranging from negligence, disease to ingesting poisonous food. If authorities cannot find a cause then it's time worry and speculate on other alternatives. And yes it is true that many parts of Thai society have fears of the paranormal but then this isn't just restricted to Thailand, is it. Many years ago I assisted a group in the UK who were interested only in the 'worst' kind of cases and there is no question, friends and family of those afflicted by unknown forces have a real fear. However, although living in Thailand for a long time I don't remember meeting anyone who does such investigations. Perhaps there should be.