CNX Airport Expansion Plans - Serious Stuff: Ignore At Your Peril!

Greenside

3 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

No.  You may be confusing regular maintenance and small improvements with a major extension.

I really hope work starts soon, and in the current location.  I don't suppose any of you have looked at the plans, but there are new access roads too.

Are the plans available for the public? Where? Thanks in advance

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, hobz said:

Are the plans available for the public? Where? Thanks in advance

I've seen some plans while looking online, which is interesting enough, however I don't know if those would be the current/final plans.  

Anyway seeing how strongly people feel about this topic on the forum here I'm sure at least some of them went to the meeting.  

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, grin said:

Or keep the current airport as a domestic terminal and a new one further out as an international terminal.

I would agree with that.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just to recount a recent experience at CM Airport.

We had been holidaying In Australia and arrived in CM, from Bangkok March 31,around 8.45 pm at the International Terminal which is inadequate to say the least.

After retrieving our bags off the carousel ,one, our biggest case,with both wheels broken,thanks Thai Airways,we proceeded to the "Meter Taxi" booth close by.

It took 15 mins to get a taxi to Hang Dong and  a further 10 minutes to get out of the airport parking lot which was at about 90% capacity.

So many cars parked waiting for pick ups presuambly.Security frantically  waving torches, buses/mini vans trying to pull alongside the kerb,shambolic

Of course our driver blamed Uber saying they were destroying their liveliehood but soon would be banned blah ,blah.

From Airport exit point to Hang Dong Rd was another 5-10 mins with traffic trying to make right hand turrn at Tesco.

My point is this was not peak time and can only get worse in the immediate future.I suggest this Friday night, with Songkran, will be  a test case of how hopelessly  outdated this airport is.

Like most infrastructure projects in Thailand they wait until its at a point where everyone suffers

Edited by Sparkles