SETV report Ho Chi Minh City

Hi all,

Yesterday I arrived in HCMC with Flight FD650 at 9:30am in the morning and had enough time to check in the hotel and walk to the consulate where I submitted my application around 10:30am. Paid $40. Out 10:45am.

I had prepared all kind of possible documents :-) They only wanted to keep copies of evidence for: passport, flights in/out Thailand, and letter from condo juristic person that I live in my condo. They did not want to keep copies of my bank book even though I volunteered them.

I was asked to pick up my passport at 1:30pm today. I arrived 1:29pm and was probably #12 in line. Out 1:45pm. Plenty of time to catch flight FD655 at 6:00pm.

The consulate staff was very professional and friendly.

I booked a hotel in walking distance to the consulate. But with hindsight this was not necessary since Uber works very well in Saigon. Most Uber rides (cars with ac) were less than 45k vnd ($2) including "increased demand" surcharge. I tipped 5k per ride. UberMoto rides were quoted 12k (but obviously I didn't bother). Saigon felt like a small city compared to Bangkok.

I'll be back in 90 days :-)

BTW the Vietnamese immigration officer asked me to show my ticket out of Vietnam before stamping my passport 555

• Like 1

Great news! Good for all on tourist visa. Just as it´s getting harder to stay long time on them, because they bonk down on them for baleiving people stay on this time after time is working.
I have nothing agaist people stay on tourist visa long time, as long as they follow the rules.
If not, this is also going to be a subject for other visas, and then everyboby have a problem out of that.