How high are Western union sending and receiving tax?and fees?

Hello!

How high are I never send a western union payment from Thailand to another country only use in Europe to send payments to Asia

Are fees simular here ?

What happen with a western union payment when the receiver not take the money ,? Goes it back to sender

Does every country also in Thailand charge tax for receiving international payment some Asian country's do !

Does money Gramm have similar fees like western ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

16 hours ago, Sandman77 said:

What happen with a western union payment when the receiver not take the money ,?

My own experience is that when the payment is not collected by the receiver, it remains as an electronic payable. You can reclaim it but cannot refund fee.

Hi everybody did a little bit of research a few months ago as to what fees different money transfer companies charge as I thought my bank was charging to much, ended up started to use company called "Azimo". the first two transfers from uk to my thai bank were free now they charge £1 per transfer with a good rate of exchange normally takes 3 days, often the thai bank holds on to the money for up to 24H  after they receive it before it it appears in my account .They have an app in in google play store easy to download and use.. every thing is done on line. and as a bonus if you say you were recommended by me we will both get  £10  . hope some of you find this useful and save yourselves some money. derek w young

Last I checked the highest!

Better you wire, but always get a written quote before wiring.

If the funds are going through an  intermediary bank be sure to get a separate written quote. They will screw you most of the time with the exchange rate

When wiring from Thailand have the Thai bank do the exchange rate in your home currency.

When wiring from Thailand some banks require you have a work visa or present documentation that the money you are wiring out was wired into Thailand.

Never base wiring exchange rates  from the bank's web site.  Many banks have told me the exchange rates are more to wire!

26 minutes ago, BsBs said:

Fees are high but similar to Paypal. Just boring to have to fill the stupid Western union form that the prisoner behind its bars pretend to read and care if it's not written clearly enough.

Edited by Harryj09

8 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

On top of the sending fee,the receiver gets a bad exchange rate,1.5-2% lower than the official exchange rate,I think WU is expensive

I use moneygram and exchange rate is calculated in sender's money so, you know how much is the exchange rate before sending the money.

Surprisingly the less amount money sent the higher the fees, doubled or more.

I just checked Moneygram's fees and exchange rate for sending a small amount (Baht 9200) to Europe. Moneygram's fee is B 800 (I think Western Union's was B 1200 when I checked recently). However, I nearly got a heart attack when I checked Moneygram's exchange rate (Euro 1 = Baht 38.91). Bangkok Bank's rate at the same time was much cheaper (Euro 1 = Baht 37.845). Go figure! 

11 hours ago, derekwyoung said:

Hi everybody did a little bit of research a few months ago as to what fees different money transfer companies charge as I thought my bank was charging to much, ended up started to use company called "Azimo". the first two transfers from uk to my thai bank were free now they charge £1 per transfer with a good rate of exchange normally takes 3 days, often the thai bank holds on to the money for up to 24H  after they receive it before it it appears in my account .They have an app in in google play store easy to download and use.. every thing is done on line. and as a bonus if you say you were recommended by me we will both get  £10  . hope some of you find this useful and save yourselves some money. derek w young

Just compared Azimo's Euro exchange rate with Bangkok Bank's rate: transferring 100 Euros from France/Belgium/Netherlands/and probably other Eurozone countries to a bank in Thailand: (1) Azimo 36.5572 (2) Bangkok Bank 37.1175. Meaning, a transfer through Azimo gives you B3655 less Azimo's small fee, through Bangkok Bank B 3711. However, BB will also deduct a small processing fee. You need to calculate which of the two is a better deal for the amount which you want to transfer. I think you may also want to consider the safety aspect.

Edited by peergin
added details

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Post offices have a sticker in the public area that shows the rates. Also, I seem to remember that Bangkok Bank has the information on its website.

Be careful, Western Union's fee for THB 100,000 is a lot! Banks are not cheap either but they are cheaper than W. U. Go online and check the websites of some banks. TMB, Bangkok Bank and a few more. Some banks (or perhaps all) do not require that you have an account with them. That also goes for the overseas beneficiary.