PWA announces further Phuket water shut-offs

rooster59

PWA announces further Phuket water shut-offs

The Phuket News

1489200567_1-org.jpg

The water supply will be shut off from 9am until 4:30pm on Monday impacting residents and businesses along seven major roads in Phuket City Municipality.

PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Waterworks Authority (PWA) yesterday (Mar 10) announced that their will be further water supply shut-offs on Monday (Mar 13) while more repairs are carried out to mains pipes.

According to the announcement released yesterday, the water supply will be shut off from 9am until 4:30pm on Monday impacting residents and businesses along seven major roads in Phuket City Municipality as follows:

1. Wichit Songkhram Rd,

2. Chao Fa West Rd,

3. TChao Fa East Rd,

4. Thep Anusorn Rd,

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/pwa-announces-further-phuket-water-shut-offs-61355.php#pAZpyREli2rRJcWS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-11

On 3/11/2017 at 11:22 PM, elgordo38 said:

If your laying out millions for a new condo here is one thing you may want to check out a secure and lasting water supply. Lasting being the key word. 

My understanding is that new construction condos and apartments are not being connected to the government water supply because the current infrastructure can't support any additional usage.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I heard some time ago.

45 minutes ago, DrDave said:

My understanding is that new construction condos and apartments are not being connected to the government water supply because the current infrastructure can't support any additional usage.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I heard some time ago.

Thanks DrDave you answered my question kind of. Lets say its a rumor but how could you sell a condo worth millions with a rumor like that flying around. I can understand the current infrastructure part and would not buy on any assurances by sellers, government or otherwise. The words planning, mull are all to common to me me here. 

11 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Thanks DrDave you answered my question kind of. Lets say its a rumor but how could you sell a condo worth millions with a rumor like that flying around. I can understand the current infrastructure part and would not buy on any assurances by sellers, government or otherwise. The words planning, mull are all to common to me me here. 

Having water storage tanks being supplied by water trucks is very common here in Phuket. Some of the newer resorts even have their own fleet of water trucks, and I know of at least one that owns their own large pond outside of town to collect rainwater. Many condos, apartments and private homes here get their water exclusively from water trucks and rooftop rainwater collection.

2 hours ago, DrDave said:

Having water storage tanks being supplied by water trucks is very common here in Phuket. Some of the newer resorts even have their own fleet of water trucks, and I know of at least one that owns their own large pond outside of town to collect rainwater. Many condos, apartments and private homes here get their water exclusively from water trucks and rooftop rainwater collection.

The house I had here in Patong was connected to the government water supply, however this was sporadic to say the least and you didn't always know when it was going to come, or if it was going to come for that matter!

I installed a large water tank at the back of the house and occasionally had to get that topped up by water from a water truck at a cost of around 350 baht I think, not excessive, but inconvenient.

I did manage to connect the roof rainwater to the tank, because that's pretty common in NZ and Oz, however the Thais thought it was "dirty water"!