Laos Visa on Arrival (Canadians)

Hey,

I'm doing my the Vientiane visa run for the first time, and I have a question about the Laos VOA. I see for Canadians it's $42 US. But blogs also say you can pay 1500B. I'm wondering if the 1500B is for Americans only, or if it's for Canadians too? Or if Canadians are charged more than 1500B.

$42US is nearly 1500B, so I wouldn't need to bother to get some US$ exchanged while in Thailand, and I'd just pay in baht.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Anyone got a recent update on the cost for USD $31? and/ or baht

Might need to be doing the dreaded run this week bus from CM -ugh :saai:

There have been no recent changes to the cost of Lao visa on arrival which depends on your nationality. If you were paying US$31, presumably this was US$30 plus a US$1 overtime fee. Whether the overtime fee applies depends on when you are doing the application. I always pay in US$ so I cannot tell you how much extra they will charge you to pay in baht.

Edited by BritTim

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

There have been no recent changes to the cost of Lao visa on arrival which depends on your nationality. If you were paying US$31, presumably this was US$30 plus a US$1 overtime fee. Whether the overtime fee applies depends on when you are doing the application. I always pay in US$ so I cannot tell you how much extra they will charge you to pay in baht.

Am i correct on the fee or is it 35?