Buri Ram declared rabies epidemic zone

rooster59

Buri Ram declared rabies epidemic zone

By The Nation

The Buri Ram provincial administration Saturday declared the northeastern province a rabies epidemic zone after 23 samples from dogs, cats and water buffaloes have tested positive to the virus.

The declaration order was signed by Buri Ram Governor Anusorn Kaewkungwol at a ceremony to kick start cooperation between six agencies to fight the spread rabies in the province under the theme of Buri Ram’s One Health program. The six agencies are the provincial administration, local administrations, the Buri Ram Livestock office, the provincial public health office, the PR office of the provincial administration and the Buri Ram public health volunteer club.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308668

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-12

As post exposure timing is critical, all farangs with Buriram ladies should give them extra money now, so that treatment can be started immediately following a bite.. You don't want to waste time going to Western Union or arranging bank transfers when every hour is critical

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

When your lady says she needs money to send home for the sick buffalo, she might actually be telling the truth (this time).

I am sure of it as I have had many Thai ladies with both sick buffalos and dying fathers.

Thailand needs to.seriously reduce the number of stray dogs and cats,  they make life for children and good dog owners miserable 

I cannot take my dog for a walk because of all the dog Soi in my area wanting to fight with my dog because I keep her on a leash, she is a giant great Dane and would defeat any of them but I don't want her hurt also I.dont.know if any of the wild dogs are sick even worse rabid.    There should be a dog/cat impounded and fines for people who do not.house their dogs/cats properly. 

38 minutes ago, Dorian232 said:

I cannot take my dog for a walk because of all the dog Soi in my area wanting to fight with my dog because I keep her on a leash,

It's because you are taking your dog into the scent marked areas belonging to them. Your dog would do it if it was the other way around. They're just protecting their territory.

Sad news, and I hope the situation will improve.

Sorry, but I cannot resist to give a warning to any "falang" having a girlfriend from Buri Ram:

If your girlfriend says, the buffalo is sick, it may be true enough. Help immediately, as this letter, from a Thai girl to her British boyfriend, clearly shows how bad things can go, if you don't help:

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.
Papa fix: 10,000,
new loof:30,000,
New police car 100,000:
Mama fix:50,000.
I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.
This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

What are they going to do now? More catch/release soidog adventures? Soon it'll spread all over Thailand i fear....i already have my ticket out ready.

sissy...

Edited by thurien

3 hours ago, sinbin said:

It's because you are taking your dog into the scent marked areas belonging to them. Your dog would do it if it was the other way around. They're just protecting their territory.

Dogs dont own property last time I checked, so if hes walking in a public area they should not be there to harrass him and I doubt the other way around would be a problem as his dog would be on private property. Control the dogs as a start to hopefully getting this insidious disease under control. 

1 hour ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Control the dogs as a start to hopefully getting this insidious disease under control. 

You can't control it unless you start immunizing wild animals. And that ain't gonna happen here.

1 hour ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Dogs dont own property last time I checked,

In their world they do. That's why they scent mark their areas. And I never said 'dogs own property'. 'Territory' was how I described it.

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Sad news, and I hope the situation will improve.

Sorry, but I cannot resist to give a warning to any "falang" having a girlfriend from Buri Ram:

If your girlfriend says, the buffalo is sick, it may be true enough. Help immediately, as this letter, from a Thai girl to her British boyfriend, clearly shows how bad things can go, if you don't help:

Awwwwwww!   Sweet !

9 hours ago, Arjen said:

I am not sure if it is something local from my place (the south) or if it is a Thai thing, but here once ayear all dog, cats, and monkeys can have a free rabies vaccination....

Yes, but do you really think all people care about that. In my area me and almost everyone else have a dog or two, but you never see all showing up when they give the shots.

16 hours ago, sinbin said:

I think the point here is his dog is on a leash and under his control while the other dogs on the soi are left to roam unrestricted. I have the same problem . My dogs are kept in our fenced in property and are on a leash  when not fenced in. 

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes, but do you really think all people care about that. In my area me and almost everyone else have a dog or two, but you never see all showing up when they give the shots.

You are quite correct 'Get Real'. There's no law for owners to compulsory have their animals/pets inoculated. So it's mai pen rai . And who's going to go around rounding up the animals that are feral? We have to remember that it's not just dogs that carry rabies. Dogs only play a small part in the spread of rabies.

Edited by sinbin

Wow. I have heard the buffalo is sick story many times. Now, one is going to have to check ID, to make sure she is telling the truth, when she says her family is from Buriram. Easy to do. My sense of it, is that this story may go viral. Easier to state their case now. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. I have heard the buffalo is sick story many times. Now, one is going to have to check ID, to make sure she is telling the truth, when she says her family is from Buriram. Easy to do. My sense of it, is that this story may go viral. Easier to state their case now. 

Bar opened early today?

Cats? I didn't know Cats got get and spread Rabies. Go Figure?

At any rate it is time to sell Dog Licenses and then hire some Dog Catchers to catch all the stray Dogs. I Love Dogs! But there is just far too many stray ones wondering around and causing trouble.  

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I never did   see  the  "sick  buffalo"  entry in the  "Get Rich Quick  Dictionary  for  Bargirls". I guess it was  in there  somewhere  but I was  laughing so  hard  at  other  entries the aspiring young  woman who let  me see it snatched  it  back  before I  could finish  reading !  LMAO !

Btw. She did  eventually   venture  into  Pattaya  and return  with a farang in tow. He  was  so  appalling to her  family she  sent him  back  and  has never  had the courage  to try  again ! lol

Perhaps  a  reprint  of this  illustrious  guide will contain an update  quoting a rabies epidemic ?

Caution  should  be used in light of the  rising temperature  warnings too ! Only   mad dogs  and..............go out in the  midday sun !  :stoner:

4 hours ago, sinbin said:

Bats are one of the biggest carriers of rabies.

Yes, Bats do carry this disease to. But the thing about Bats is they don't have as much Human Contact as say Dogs and Cats, so unless you work with them it is unlikely you will get Rabies from them.

After more research I discovered that all Vertebrae Mammals can carry Rabies. But to my surprise in the United States Rabies is reported more in Cats then Dogs! Go Figure!

I guess the scariest part of contacting Rabies is that once you get it, then it is almost 100% Fatal. Not good odds!