Fisheries expert suspects something wrong with the Thai sea

webfact

9 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Maybe they should buy a submarine and send it down to check out the sea bed.

Oooops I forgot, they're doing that already

Problem being it's very likely to stay on the bottom, we haven't studied lesson 2 yet? 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Yes its filthy and extremely polluted that's why I will never swim in it, or eat thai seafood.  Waste and sewage is drained directly into the sea, when you treat your environment as a toilet what do you expect.

i don't think is enough, but maybe i am wrong rayong area is deeply industrialized, could be a pollution from heavy metals throw in the river....but the fukushima story looks also very disturbing. also i would like to see an autopsy and fidure out how muxch plastic those poor whales had in the stomach.

40 minutes ago, Mook23 said:

In no time as in time scaled on earth not humans. The planet was here for billions of years we are just here a fraction. Once we leave, the planet gets back to its universal time scale and even radioactivity will be battled by nature and evolution. Life on earth has almost vanished before caused by much MAJOR natural disasters. Mankind is very very insignificant on universal scale. The plastic in the seas might be battled eventually by mutated algae who will clean it. We know nothing about earth and nature's potential.

Hmmm, I get your point and wish it would be true, but the radioactive radiation we created thousands of times more powerful than the earth created will alter and destroy most living organisms.

13 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

What a surprise. NOT.

Soiling and spoiling their own soil, why should it be any better with the waters ...?!

Can't imagine it's anything to do with effluent discharges from a plethora of sources into the poor suffering Gulf. ?

Nature has a way of indicting that something is out of balance!!!

2 hours ago, off road pat said:

Hmmm, I get your point and wish it would be true, but the radioactive radiation we created thousands of times more powerful than the earth created will alter and destroy most living organisms.

It doesn't matter. Life will adapt to it. Sure a lot of fish etc will die in the process but also that is insignificant. Check history of earth. 

12 hours ago, masuk said:

Have you ever looked around the back of a Thai village?  Plastic bags and bottles everywhere.  

They could at least keep their own backyards clean.

What's this about looking around the back ?  near where I live the front of many villages is as much of a rubbish dump as the back.  IT is a crying shame because we and around 50% of others take some responsibility for keeping the place clean and many of the folk take great pride in doing so.  Only for the other 50 % to spend most of their lives trying to convert a home into a pig sty.

13 hours ago, yellowboat said:

How many times have you witnessed people throwing trash into the Chao Praya ?  It is a culture of non responsibility . 

Thais emulate celebrities.  How about some TV and music stars step up to the plate and make public appeals.   In the US, during the 50's and 60's there was a jingle that became popular:  "Please, Please, Don't be a Litterbug"  I tried to find the original jingle on Youtube, but couldn't.  Instead, here's a modern rap version.

The kids of Thailand and Asia need to be influenced to do what's right.  They don't listen to politicians or Sangha, but they will sit up and listen to celebrities close to their age and/or puppets/animation.  As for Asian adults, fogedabowdit.  They're beyond the pale.  But kids can still be influenced for the betterment of Thailand's natural environment.

Edited by boomerangutang

20 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

Definitely Fukushima. The whole Pacific Ocean is dying and adjacent waters also.!!!!!!!!!! Don't go near the water.

And the incontrovertible peer reviewed evidence for your statement is where? :whistling:

18 hours ago, Mook23 said:

It doesn't matter. Life will adapt to it. Sure a lot of fish etc will die in the process but also that is insignificant. Check history of earth. 

In the history of earth there have been all sorts of cataclysms and mass extinctions but there  is no precedent of radioactive pollution, it will alter the genes DNA of all organisms. Some might adapt most will not.and will not be able to reproduce or find food.

Earth will survive yes....

18 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Thais emulate celebrities.  How about some TV and music stars step up to the plate and make public appeals.   In the US, during the 50's and 60's there was a jingle that became popular:  "Please, Please, Don't be a Litterbug"  I tried to find the original jingle on Youtube, but couldn't.  Instead, here's a modern rap version.

The kids of Thailand and Asia need to be influenced to do what's right.  They don't listen to politicians or Sangha, but they will sit up and listen to celebrities close to their age and/or puppets/animation.  As for Asian adults, fogedabowdit.  They're beyond the pale.  But kids can still be influenced for the betterment of Thailand's natural environment.

Good idea, just get the snowflake Thai celeb's to quit getting DUI's & running over cops is the first step.

BUT, yes it could work if they'd get the message out on Farcebook in force.

On 2017-03-13 at 7:33 AM, harryviking said:

dead whales found elsewhere were full of plastic!  probably same cause here. oceans are dying...and we will follow after that...sad but true.

300 tonnes of radioactive water being pumped into the ocean everyday, courtesy of that environmental meltdown,mega-cluster f&*k called Fukushima Daiichi. There really is not much hope...the oceans are terminal.

On 12/03/2017 at 10:22 PM, PatOngo said:

A committee needs to be formed to investigate the impact of marine life relieving themselves in the ocean.

A committee needs to be formed to investigate a committee that investigates a committee that does F all now you said it as it is

wifes company has an office at the local port, I see people rock up with their fishing rods, park on the shore side then get out all their household  rubbish(bags of it) and throw it in the water on that side  then grab their fishing rods and go to the other side  and throw their lines in hoping to catch fish, cant help people that think like this

10 minutes ago, seajae said:

wifes company has an office at the local port, I see people rock up with their fishing rods, park on the shore side then get out all their household  rubbish(bags of it) and throw it in the water on that side  then grab their fishing rods and go to the other side  and throw their lines in hoping to catch fish, cant help people that think like this

Sure you can.  It was just about as bad when I was a kid in the USA.  Then they started enforcing the littering laws with significant fines- and it's a tiny demographic today that does the same, and only where they're sure they won't get caught and fined.

Human nature is to behave in a manner that minimizes negative consequences.   That makes it simple to modify littering behavior- even if it's not easy.  And it does require some political will.