Merkel meets Trump in clash of style and substance

webfact

4 hours ago, USPatriot said:

I don't care, he is for America and so am I. 

He's got many suckered into thinking this.  This is the root of the problem in the US.  They believe Trump's BS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Populism is a political doctrine that proposes that the common people are exploited by a privileged elite, and which seeks to resolve this. The underlying ideology of populists can be left, right, or center. Its goal is uniting the uncorrupt and the unsophisticated "little man" against the corrupt dominant elites (usually the established politicians) and their camp of followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals). It is guided by the belief that political and social goals are best achieved by the direct actions of the masses. Although it comes into being where mainstream political institutions fail to deliver, there is no identifiable economic or social set of conditions that give rise to it, and it is not confined to any particular social class.[1]

Don't fall for it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The German always pay lip service to paying their fair share of their NATO commitment but have never followed through in the end. The German budget for 2017 has only a 5% increase in defense spending. We will have to wait for their 2018 budget to see if they really intend to hold up their end.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

He's got many suckered into thinking this.  This is the root of the problem in the US.  They believe Trump's BS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Don't fall for it.

Yeah and the last president went aroind apologized for everything and let iran off with out a contract on a nuclear program.

Funny how the liberal media didn't want to publish anything bad about the former president.

5 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Yeah and the last president went aroind apologized for everything and let iran off with out a contract on a nuclear program.

Funny how the liberal media didn't want to publish anything bad about the former president.

The last president rescued us from one of the worst recessions ever.  Unemployment is low, growth is good, stock market is up.  Not bad.  Liberal media aside. LOL

Was Obama the best president ever?  Probably not.  But he was far from terrible.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The last president rescued us from one of the worst recessions ever.  Unemployment is low, growth is good, stock market is up.  Not bad.  Liberal media aside. LOL

Was Obama the best president ever?  Probably not.  But he was far from terrible.

Haha unemployment is only measured by people looking for jobs on unemployment. Not the ones that figured out disability pays more not the ones that no longer got benifits. Haha that was good craigslist I needed that.

The market after trump jumped to record highs. Not obama

1 hour ago, stander said:

The German always pay lip service to paying their fair share of their NATO commitment but have never followed through in the end. The German budget for 2017 has only a 5% increase in defense spending. We will have to wait for their 2018 budget to see if they really intend to hold up their end.

The Germans look after the health needs of their people. If the Yanks are so concerned about the welfare of their munitions makers throw some more of your own cash to them. The pledge of a commitment to NATO countries is 2% of GDP by 2024 for ALL defence spending. 

3 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Haha unemployment is only measured by people looking for jobs on unemployment. Not the ones that figured out disability pays more not the ones that no longer got benifits. Haha that was good craigslist I needed that.

Your comment about disability is such a mess, there's no point in trying to extrat sense from it.

As for the stock market.of course it shot up.  Trump is going to drastically cut corporate taxes which will massively increase dividends.  He also wants to lower taxes on income corporattions further repatriate to the US. Last time that happened, a lot of that extra cash went to stock buybacks which will further increase the value of the stocks.  This has very little relevance or importance to Americans struggling from paycheck to paycheck.

9 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

You don't follow the stock market much, do you? LOL

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I saw George Bush Jr. on TV and it almost brought tears to my eyes.   Oh, to have the good ol' days when he was President.   And I have some very conservative friends who now look back on Obama with nothing but warmth and admiration.   

Before Donald is done, Benedict Arnold will look like a hero.   

The whole issue of NATO and paying it's fair share was not quite so pressing, because under the previous administration, there was much less emphasis on military expansion.   I think Mr. Trump will see how lonely it can get if he tries a few military mis-adventures.   The Europeans are pretty quick to decide that staying home is the best option.   

3 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/16/investing/stock-market-rally-trump-history/

The best stock market since jfk and lbj

Read it from liberal cnn

Maybe you don't read the market

Yes there has been a long running bull market under Obama and yes there has been a dramatic bull market rally related to the election of trump and his promises of big tax cuts and radical business deregulation. Not sure how much that helps trump's "forgotten Americans" that generally aren't in the stock market. 

Personally I'd watch out for a bubble but I'm not going to blame trump on that ... that's the nature of markets that get overly frothy overly fast. 

9 hours ago, USPatriot said:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/16/investing/stock-market-rally-trump-history/

The best stock market since jfk and lbj

Read it from liberal cnn

Maybe you don't read the market

Trump has a long way to go to match what Obama did.  Your label of CNN gets old.  If Trump can match these numbers that Obama was responsible for, then I'll be impressed.  Liberal media aside.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/22/investing/stocks-market-best-investment-obama/

The best performing investment under Obama is...

150318090218-chart-obama-performance-780

150318113913-chart-presidents-6-year-sto

Archived