Missing Russian's mum in heartfelt plea: Don't give up on my daughter

webfact

Missing Russian's mum in heartfelt plea: Don't give up on my daughter

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KOH TAO: -- The mother of missing Russian tourist Valentina Novozhyonova had a strong message for police top brass on Koh Tao yesterday.

Vavara Namesnikova begged police not to give up on the search for her 23 year old daughter.

Yesterday she met with the chief of the Surat Thani provincial police Apichart Bunsrirot at Ben's Diving Resort on Sairee Beach.

The chief assured her that the force were leaving no stone unturned in the search on land and sea but had to admit that they had come up with very little so far, reported Thai Rath.

She was shown some CCTV to confirm it was her daughter then taken on a trip to Koh Tao Hostel where Valentina last stayed as well as other sites on the island where she was thought to have been.

She said that she was very happy with the work of the Thai police so far but that the search must continue.

Apichart had earlier arrived on the island by helicopter and met with local police to discuss the next stage of the land and sea search for Valentina who has now been missing for nearly a month.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-13

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Dont give up on my daughter!! Sorry love they already have.

Better dig deep into your cash reserves, for the big brown envelope, because without it,    case closed.

Was there really any need for that drivel?

If I was an editor of TV I would not be airing some of these posts . Discretion is the word when the comments are being viewed by the missing girls family and friends at a time when there is still some hope . Put yourself in their situation  .

So much cynicism in thaivisa.  Guess its because most of the residents here are experienced old timers who have been around the block or two and probably been shafted a few times.  Yeah, most Thai cops are incentivized to work with rewards, I've experienced it when my house was burglarized 3 times, but there are still some good cops around so maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they are able to solve something as complicated as this case.  I pray for a miracle to happen but am afraid it looks pretty grim for the mother whether it happened in Thailand or any country for that matter.

When the Tsunami hit Thailand's Resort Beaches do you think the Police was able to locate and identify every body swept out to sea?

The Ocean filled with rip tides and currents is a Hell of a big place to find one body. Especially when nobody knows exactly where to look. Personally I can't see the Police doing much more than they already have.

It is a sad story but also people need to learn to use some Common Sense when they are in a different country. Never swim or venture out in the wilderness alone. Use a Buddy System where somebody you trust is always with you. Especially a young and attractive female.

8 minutes ago, smileydude said:

So much cynicism in thaivisa.  Guess its because most of the residents here are experienced old timers who have been around the block or two and probably been shafted a few times.  Yeah, most Thai cops are incentivized to work with rewards, I've experienced it when my house was burglarized 3 times, but there are still some good cops around so maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they are able to solve something as complicated as this case.  I pray for a miracle to happen but am afraid it looks pretty grim for the mother whether it happened in Thailand or any country for that matter.

Agreed!

Just for once I would like to read a story which may involve the Police with anything from Jay Walking to Rape and Murder without somebody bringing up some Big Brown Envelope being passed around. Especially when you can be sure that the ones that keep doing this and saying this do not have first hand knowledge of this ever taking place.

All I know for sure is that if I ever had to pass some Big Brown Envelope to get something I wanted or needed, the last thing I would ever do is come here and tell everyone. Of this I am sure!

Archived