Paraguayan arrested with 1,250 grams of cocaine at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Paraguayan arrested with 1,250 grams of cocaine at Suvarnabhumi Airport
By The Nation

4049c1800d1245732ff07d466db6ebc6.jpeg

Photo courtesy of the Narcotics Suppression Bureau

BANGKOK: -- A Paraguay national has been arrested and 1,250 grams of cocaine allegedly hidden in his baggage has been seized at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, a police source said on Monday.

The suspect, identified as Oscar Benicio Irala Lopez, had travelled to Bangkok from Brazil's Sao Paulo via Dubai. His end destination was supposed to be Lang Prabang, Laos

He was arrested after officials found seven block of cocaine in his baggage at about 7pm on Sunday. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308892

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-13

4 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Maybe they don't have dogs there?

They do, as well as other screening processes lightyears ahead of LoS :)

Just now, overherebc said:

Maybe they did know and just called ahead.

Yeah after pressing send I re-thought, most possibly so, though I would've thought the destination country would pounce on it, not a transit port :)

1 hour ago, jabis said:

I wonder how they missed the cargo in Dubai

I was wondering what would have happened if he had been caught in Dubai, like Thailand seems Dubai is trying to quietly drop the death sentence...

Though he may not have been so lucky had his plane had to divert and land somewhere like Saudi.

2 hours ago, jabis said:

Yeah after pressing send I re-thought, most possibly so, though I would've thought the destination country would pounce on it, not a transit port :)

Saves a whole lot of hassle with local embassies and officials and the fall out from a death sentence on a non local.

For mid east anyway.

18 hours ago, jabis said:

If he's nicked en-route you may lose the chance of picking up accomplices at the destination.

22 hours ago, jabis said:

I wonder how they missed the cargo in Dubai

Normally when they know the drugs are being shipped they let them arrive at their destination so they can try to identify the distribution network.  Im suprised they didnt let this little white powder mule meet up with his tribe and nab the lot of them.  Probably too keen to get the happy police photo op.

Archived