Hip hop singer arrested in possession of marijuana worth Bt720,000

snoop1130

Hip hop singer arrested in possession of marijuana worth Bt720,000

By The Nation

a6db0c03b3d68f1901427d769af881f5.jpeg

Crime Suppression Division (CSD) police on Monday afternoon raided a hip hop singer’s house in Bangkok and arrested him for allegedly possessing marijuana worth Bt720,000.

The raid at the house of Watcharapol Haklindee, alias “Big P”, was made at 2pm in Soi Ramindra 65 in Bangkok.

After the raid, CSD police checked the house of Watcharapol’s sister in Nonthaburi’s Bang Kruay district and found ten marijuana plants growing in pots.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308905

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-13

26 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I think "Big P" is in "Big Shit !"

Maximum five years, but could be as little as a fine of up to 100,000, it's up to the judge, less than 10kgs is deemed personal use in Thailand, it is no where near as serious as a lot of people think, the big sentences are all for the hard drugs.

"... police on Monday afternoon raided a hip hop singer’s house in Bangkok and arrested him for allegedly possessing marijuana worth Bt720,000. "

If he were a  reggae singer he could have a convincing argument that it was his personal pocket stash.

25 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Maximum five years, but could be as little as a fine of up to 100,000, it's up to the judge, less than 10kgs is deemed personal use in Thailand, it is no where near as serious as a lot of people think, the big sentences are all for the hard drugs.

720,000 worth at 20,000 Baht a kilo, he has 36 Kilos. My mate got 2 years for 580g. Which killed him. He caught meningitis in the prison (Bombat), and died last week.

He is in very serious trouble. His only hope is for the new drug laws, decriminalising weed to be passed before this gets to court.

32 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"... police on Monday afternoon raided a hip hop singer’s house in Bangkok and arrested him for allegedly possessing marijuana worth Bt720,000. "

If he were a  reggae singer he could have a convincing argument that it was his personal pocket stash.

mar.jpg

21 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

720,000 worth at 20,000 Baht a kilo, he has 36 Kilos. My mate got 2 years for 580g. Which killed him. He caught meningitis in the prison (Bombat), and died last week.

He is in very serious trouble. His only hope is for the new drug laws, decriminalising weed to be passed before this gets to court.

Ok, I didn't realise it was that cheap, I assumed it would be less than ten.  

Sorry your mate died.

But this guys only hope is not that the law gets changed, but that they take a bribe and let him go, having his name in the paper does lower that chance though.

He doesn't seem to be hip because of the hops. 

But sorry, half a plastic bag with homegrown worth so much? 

Wasn't there a legalize it thingy going on just recently?

They might soon pop and hop on the flop in a blog. 

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

What can be seen in the photos of hemp does not look like 36 kilos.
And 10 potted plants. W
orth 720,000 baht? I think the rainbow press likes to exaggerate.

The dope will soon be available for all Ko Phanghan, Ko Tao and Ko Samet holiday maker. Of course controlled by the boys in naam daan. 

You can't do any business without their "protection." It's always good to know that someone's watching over you...

13 minutes ago, survivalblue said:

How about rappers "Thaitanium"?  they openly raps about the drug and made a related video with Snoop Dogg promoting the drug in Thailand.  

Since when is it forbidden to sing about pot?

Ed Karabao's "sweet ganja" is well known and liked all over the country by certain people. 

Not a bad song.....

Nothing wrong w/ a plant that grows in the wild, although I'd rather have hot needles shoved under my toenails than listen to "hip-hop".

Up2U.

I had this speech (see below) almost memorized & delivered it to my little brother once when he caught me & my buddies toking a J. 

We were 20-21 & he was 10. 

It made absolutely no sense, given the circumstances, but the way my buddies kept a straight face while I lectured the boy made it priceless.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Was your mate Thai or farang.

They said he had 10 plants.. not sure how 10 plants can yield 36 kilos. (I have to admit I am not a grower off the stuff but it sounds a bit much)

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Was your mate Thai or farang.

They said he had 10 plants.. not sure how 10 plants can yield 36 kilos. (I have to admit I am not a grower off the stuff but it sounds a bit much)

They're probably weighing the stems & leaves & potting soil.

I haven't smoked weed in YEARS, just because it quit agreeing with me, not because I think it's evil.

Been around MANY grow operations though.

My guess is that a full grown, 8 foot tall Christmas Tree sized plant might yield one, maybe 1.5 (one point five) kilos of dries buds per plant, and that's a severe stretch of the imagination.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story though.

Never cultivated myself, but stumbled across a couple patches in the woods in Florida.

2 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

They're probably weighing the stems & leaves & potting soil.

I haven't smoked weed in YEARS, just because it quit agreeing with me, not because I think it's evil.

Been around MANY grow operations though.

My guess is that a full grown, 8 foot tall Christmas Tree sized plant might yield one, maybe 1.5 (one point five) kilos of dries buds per plant, and that's a severe stretch of the imagination.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story though.

Never cultivated myself, but stumbled across a couple patches in the woods in Florida.

I tried to grow my own back in the Netherlands.. just one to try. But it died on me quite quickly but it was fun to try.

I think your right about what they are weighing... anyway i liked the stuff once in a while it helped me sleep real good. Problem was it also made me eat more :post-4641-1156693976:

Here its too dangerous.. the punishment is crazy. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I tried to grow my own back in the Netherlands.. just one to try. But it died on me quite quickly but it was fun to try.

I think your right about what they are weighing... anyway i liked the stuff once in a while it helped me sleep real good. Problem was it also made me eat more :post-4641-1156693976:

Here its too dangerous.. the punishment is crazy. 

I had this crazy 2nd cousin (Dad's 1st cousin) in Florida that HATED any and stupid laws.

He planted a nice weed plant next to his front door when I was about 15. He'd never toked on weed in his life. He just liked his plant.

Had a watch dog named Smokey that would bark his brains out at night at anything that moved, but I was over there almost daily, so the dog knew me.

I'd slip over there & clip a bud off every day or three.

Took it to my Uncle's house (HUGE old house) & use a space heater & some tin-foil to dry it out.

Got to a hardware store & bought some faucet screens and some brass fittings & made myself a pipe.

Making weed illegal is pointless.

I don't mess with it anymore because I could see, it just made me stupid.

No amount of "Laws" ever deterred me though.

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

I had this crazy 2nd cousin (Dad's 1st cousin) in Florida that HATED any and stupid laws.

He planted a nice weed plant next to his front door when I was about 15. He'd never toked on weed in his life. He just liked his plant.

Had a watch dog named Smokey that would bark his brains out at night at anything that moved, but I was over there almost daily, so the dog knew me.

I'd slip over there & clip a bud off every day or three.

Took it to my Uncle's house (HUGE old house) & use a space heater & some tin-foil to dry it out.

Got to a hardware store & bought some faucet screens and some brass fittings & made myself a pipe.

Making weed illegal is pointless.

I don't mess with it anymore because I could see, it just made me stupid.

No amount of "Laws" ever deterred me though.

I like your penultimate comment which goes to perhaps illustrate that there must be many posters on TV who smoke it regularly.

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The announced fine and punishment will be an agreed cost after the judge and bib gets their share first.The more the shares ,the less the punishment.

15 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

The announced fine and punishment will be an agreed cost after the judge and bib gets their share first.The more the shares ,the less the punishment.

Imagine if it was legalized and taxed instead :)

17 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

HE will get 10000 fine and community work.

Archived