SETV in Singapore on an Aussie passport

How easy/difficult is it to get a Single Entry Tourist Visa in Singapore on an Aussie passport? I was thinking about get one of those fee exempt SETV in Australia then in 3 months visit some people in Singapore for a few days. As I will have to be in Singapore I would apply for another  fee exempt SETV in Singapore. I believe the expiry of the free exemption is 31st August. Is Singapore known to be easy or difficult?

Last year in Australia all you had to do is rock up to a consulate with your passport, the completed form and the required fee and that's it. No plane tickets, no bank statements, etc. Is Singapore the same? Do they require any special documentation?

Edited by bbi1

Singapore will not issue a single entry tourist visa unless you have been out of Thailand for 90 days. It is the same for all nationalities including Singaporeans.

They did not extend the free tourist visas until August for all nationalities. You will have to pay the fee wherever you apply.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Singapore will not issue a single entry tourist visa unless you have been out of Thailand for 90 days. It is the same for all nationalities including Singaporeans.

They did not extend the free tourist visas until August for all nationalities. You will have to pay the fee wherever you apply.

Damn it, oh well. Guess will have to pay for the usual METV then.

BTW, on the consulate site it says that SETV are fee exempt until August but it doesn't say it's for a specific passport holder, only Visa on Arrivals are for specific countries: http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Home/visa

Special Annoucement

Between 1 March - 31 August 2017 Tourist Visa (single entry) to Thailand will be exempted from the visa fee and Visa on Arrival (VoA) fee will be decreased from THB 2,000 to THB 1,000, for nationals of: Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China including Taiwan, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

BTW, on the consulate site it says that SETV are fee exempt until August but it doesn't say it's for a specific passport holder, only Visa on Arrivals are for specific countries

Those are the countries that get the free tourist visas. Only those that are from countries that qualify for a visa on arrival get them.