Blacklisted for 1year!!#

Greetings!!!

A little questions.

I am Ghanaian citizens,I overstayed my Thai education visa for 5 months due to scum agent... I take the blame anyway!!!

I left Thailand 10th March paid my fee and immigration officer noticed me about being blacklisted for one year!!

My question is,I've got a new contract in malaysia,will that affect me when applying for the visa??? 

Please!! Want people with experience to share their thoughts.

Respectfully.

18 minutes ago, Ebony19 said:

My question is,I've got a new contract in malaysia,will that affect me when applying for the visa??? 

Yes it might. If the person issuing the visa for Malaysia sees you overstayed and were banned from Thailand they could reasonably decline your application.

Probably better to get a new passport before applying.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Get Real said:

Impossible to affect anything in Malaysia. Passport change might be a good idea to look like a good guy.

It rather depends on any question on the visa application. If there is a question related to a visa ban and you lie and are found out it would not be good.

But of course if there's nothing related to being banned then no problem.

FWIW there are questions related to this kind of situation on U.K. visa applications.

Several countries ask if you have ever been refused a visa, and whether you have ever been forcibly removed from a country. They might ask if you have been refused entry to a country - but even that does not apply to you, unless you actually tried to enter Thailand while blacklisted and were turned away.

If asked questions like this, always answer truthfully, as it will bite you if you don't. Hard.

If you get a 'clean' new passport with no mentions of blacklisting in it, you should be fine - but always answer the questions truthfully.

17 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Try reading the post....He wants to know if being banned in

Thailand will effect entry to Malaysia.  

sorry, I misread it. Perhaps a full sentence wouldn't have been ambiguous.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:32 PM, Doiger said:

being blacklisted in Thailand should have no bearing on any other country.

To be on the safe side, you better make sure that none of your traveling/transiting involves coming into Thailand though 

Oh absolutely, no country would be concerned that you have been banned from another.

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Oh absolutely, no country would be concerned that you have been banned from another.

Actually, many countries (if they know you were blacklisted from a country) want to know the details. If it was on certain grounds (e.g. drug possession) they are unlikely to allow you to enter.

• Like 2

You overstayed your education visa by 5 months "due to scum agent".

You were in possession of a visa and so knew how long you were entitled to stay.

Regardless of what any agent might say, I would make arrangements to cross the border instead of staying illegally.

Surely you realise that an agent has no control over immigration officers?

I'm assuming the agent did not forcibly detain you?

8 minutes ago, paulsingle said:

You overstayed your education visa by 5 months "due to scum agent".

You were in possession of a visa and so knew how long you were entitled to stay.

Regardless of what any agent might say, I would make arrangements to cross the border instead of staying illegally.

Surely you realise that an agent has no control over immigration officers?

I'm assuming the agent did not forcibly detain you?

Yes he did wrong... and somehow he accept the blame for this, but this has nothing to do with his question.

3 hours ago, Anthony Loh said:

Agree! The OP is requesting for advice and for ourselves, is just to share and advice to help them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You're right. I seem to have been influenced by an attitude that is quite prevalent on this forum.

My observation was not helpful and I'm sorry for that but still can't help wonder how that situation would arise.

You're right. I seem to have been influenced by an attitude that is quite prevalent on this forum.
My observation was not helpful and I'm sorry for that but still can't help wonder how that situation would arise.

To me, we all know that is illegal to over stay and I'm very sure everybody agrees. I do believe, OP must have his own difficulty and we need to respect him. Just like if someone is rich, he don't want to live like a banger banging in the street etc........

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect