Spam corned beef with a passion up north.

Hutch68

Hi anyone found tinned spam up in Kalasin? corned beef? Anyone ever used passion delivery up here? I'm out in the jungle, do they deliver here? I miss my spam and egg I also like corned beef hash. Using passion I would order burgers, sausage, bacon and would like to try the lamb. I may try a few  steaks but I'm not sure good steak is available in Thailand.

Anyone got a tinned meat source? Is passion any good? Any prime Argentinian stake available in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Hutch68 said:

No makro here yet Chas but coming soon so I hear.

Just drive to Khon Kaen. I think there is a makro there. Whilst there you can get the best English back bacon I've seen . No fat at all just lean bacon. About 35 rashers for about 290 baht ( varies ). Their Cumberland sausages whilst not the best are still better than the frankfurters you get in Big C. Also the hash browns are cheap and pretty toothsome.Must nced beef also worth getting to make your own burgers or sausage patties. Baked beans also better....brook are pretty good.

Make the drive once a month and eat what you like.

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Just drive to Khon Kaen. I think there is a makro there. Whilst there you can get the best English back bacon I've seen . No fat at all just lean bacon. About 35 rashers for about 290 baht ( varies ). Their Cumberland sausages whilst not the best are still better than the frankfurters you get in Big C. Also the hash browns are cheap and pretty toothsome.Must nced beef also worth getting to make your own burgers or sausage patties. Baked beans also better....brook are pretty good.

Make the drive once a month and eat what you like.

I'm not keen on the Cumberland and would never buy a frankfurt, for a sausage it has to be pork for me lightly fried then split down the middle and crisped up with a light fry on the sliced side clamped between 2 slices of wholemeal that are lightly spread with a mild butter and runny egg on top. I do like the idea of making my own burgers, do you add chopped onion to yours and some kind of binding agent? Beans I can find but I will look for brook. 35 rashes for 290 sounds good looking forward to the new makro.

Khon Kaen Food Supply next to the Pullman Hotel in Khon Kaen has some delicious Cumberland Sausages. They have great breakfast, Italian, and Jimmy Dean Sausage. 

They might have Spam, not sure. But I do know that Tops in Central Plaza does have Spam.  That's where I get mine.