Overloaded truck: This is a new record

Passed one exactly like this one a couple of months ago, load looked so unsteady and guess who got pulled by the local Police....ME...for passing on a double line when they freely let a totally unsafe load just cruised by.....hmmmmm   I travelled to Korat yesterday and saw 3 similar loads (if not bigger) all with hay bails so imagine the weight of these.....all 3 passed straight through a police stop check whilst the 'Farang' got pulled to check license and red book...... Deep Breath and a Smile.....

52 minutes ago, scoooooby said:

Passed one exactly like this one a couple of months ago, load looked so unsteady and guess who got pulled by the local Police....ME...for passing on a double line when they freely let a totally unsafe load just cruised by.....hmmmmm   I travelled to Korat yesterday and saw 3 similar loads (if not bigger) all with hay bails so imagine the weight of these.....all 3 passed straight through a police stop check whilst the 'Farang' got pulled to check license and red book...... Deep Breath and a Smile.....

what's a "red" book?

2 hours ago, Oishii said:

And the law says: the load should not extend further than the front of the behicle, nor more than 2 meters past the rear of the vehicle.  Hahaha

Sure the law did says! But a lot did not follow the law and this is why Thailand have so many accidents everyday. Drivers driving in Thailand normally don't care and just drive the way they like  or happy. Human learn from mistakes but some human always repeated the same mistakes in this land. Cheers

3 hours ago, scoooooby said:

You know the old saying "follow the money"

4 hours ago, scoooooby said:

A few years ago the highway department wanted to pass a more stronger law fining the "owners" of the companies of overloaded trucks which would have taken the fines being oaid directly to the Highway Department.The strongest opposition to the new law was the highway police as they could not collect the bribes from the truck driver.The law was withdrawn. The reason that the police does not stop the trucks on the road is there is already been a payment for that truck in advance.From a quote from Bernard Trink TIT

Edited by sanukjim

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

what's a "red" book?

Its the book you gotta fill our whilst on red plates for the first 3 months, painful as you are not s'pose to drive a new car in the dark also....