British born English teacher swaps school life for orange robes to learn more about Thai Buddhism

rooster59

On 3/18/2017 at 10:05 AM, TSF said:

So what? There have probably been tens of thousands of foreigners before him that became monks and lived a while in temples in Thailand. 

Not forgetting John Rambo, but at least he could use his fists to make some money on the side.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:39 AM, joebrown said:

I must admit I considered changing religion to Buddhism when I read about the rewards. I've always wanted my own private jet.

Never mind the private jet, Dhammachaiyo got his own spaceship.

dhamma.jpg.58816bd0b9b6a504f21c6bf1f661a1b6.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2017 at 5:56 AM, DILLIGAD said:

How did he deal with Immigration rules re visa & WP ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just did it during a school break and no problems came up as he was staying at the same school. Not sure if there is technically a problem with him doing this. If there is a problem then he never got caught so it worked out fine

9 minutes ago, mfharrison said:

just did it during a school break and no problems came up as he was staying at the same school. Not sure if there is technically a problem with him doing this. If there is a problem then he never got caught so it worked out fine

WP for chanting?

Just now, overherebc said:

WP for chanting?

i believe there is a different visa that you can apply for on religious grounds. My friend didnt do this as he did it during a school break. I don't know anything about the other visa or it's requirements.

4 hours ago, mfharrison said:

i believe there is a different visa that you can apply for on religious grounds. My friend didnt do this as he did it during a school break. I don't know anything about the other visa or it's requirements.

Sorry to say I have no religious beliefs and I have no belief in all the states of bliss and understanding that people go on about getting from following their chosen religion.

All of them have caused more wars, destruction and death than anything else in the world.

I won't say sorry.