Thai Stock Market daily report

Has anyone come across a decent daily stock market report anywhere, one that at least summarizes and gives a few basic explanations of sharp price movements in individual stocks. Ive had a couple of portfolio stocks move quite sharply this week (EGCO and HANA) and simply can't find any news as to why, even after a couple of hours browsing and searching.

Sorry you drew a blank I cannot help you either. If they are Thai stocks best to pop around to a broker tomorrow early. If the stocks are up I am happy for you if they are down find out fast. Sometimes best to cut and run. Seems only the juicier topics get attention here. 

10 hours ago, Poppadom said:

Looks like EGCO up 4.90% in the last 10 minutes. How big was the volume on that? That seems to be ATH. Is there earnings, etc? 

Earnings were done and dusted a few weeks ago. Same div payout as last year. Volume in excess of average daily volume. The usual candidates in this scenario is a broker upgrade, or takeover, the latter I would think is unlikely. This is the sort of news snippets that would make a decent daily market report so useful.

Doesn't your broker provide it or is that an extra subscription service? I mainly do biotech/pharma and especially in the small and microcap space that level of volatility is pretty common. From what I've seen in the news about EGCO at a glance, they seem to be quite active on the acquisition front. I personally don't do Thai stocks, mostly the above mentioned plus select ADR's and gold/oil/bio leveraged ETF's & ETN's.

it may make sense to look for some Singaporean stock market Forums or portals as they more likely watch and follow other SEA stocks too and English is the lingua franca in SG.

Me myself only ever owned one Thai stock which was the BTS Company and I got a nice return from that one.

I noticed HANA and EGCO jumping as well as I hold them both.

Not sure on the HANA but also noticed DEMCO (also hold) rose strongly along with EGCO which could mean it is related to the ongoing investigation into windfarms and Sor Por Kor land deals where they both have a strong interest.

I do get daily updates from broker, Maybank Kim Eng, but not seen anything there on these particular stock. Also good info from Pon at Thaicapitalist.com who gives a daily review of stocks in the news though thet are a bit sporadic at the moment.

I'm with KimEng also, get their daily review also which is a bit too brief to get any useful detail about price movements of individual stocks. But Ive not seen the Pon site, thanks for that, Ill have a look at it.

Archived