mechanical problem with my 3 yr old pickup

On 3/19/2017 at 1:37 PM, ghworker2010 said:

auto pickup truck. any ideas guys? what causes it to lose revs and nearly stall on me?

starving for fuel..they probably disconnected fuel line..air lock..clearing...my diagnosis for what its worth.

Taking your foot off the accelerator generally results in a considerable loss of revs.

If you want more information, you could consider visiting a dealership that bears the same logo that you can find on the front and possible the back of you truck, they may have some manuals and analytic equipment there.

6 hours ago, tandor said:

starving for fuel..they probably disconnected fuel line..air lock..clearing...my diagnosis for what its worth.

I agree.  Probably stirred up a bunch of crap when they disconnected the fuel tank.  I'd start by replacing the fuel filters.

Sounds like the engine should not have been touched during the repair and the issue could simply be that it has been standing for a long time. When I got mine back the battery had not been refitted properly, just left dropped in the tray with the terminal loosely pushed over. Give it a good run.

I guess it is an automatic and it was not disengaging. Any rear axle damage?

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, wayned said:

I agree.  Probably stirred up a bunch of crap when they disconnected the fuel tank.  I'd start by replacing the fuel filters.

Without knowing what model the pickup is its a bit hard, Buttttttttt.

Typically the fuel tank on pickups are mounted to the chassis and there is no need to disconnect any fue lines to remove the pickup bed.

Disconnect the filler neck, undo a few wiring connectors and remove 6 to 8 bolts and she lifts right off.

It does sound like dirty fuel though and being a 3 year old deisel, high pressure pumps/injectors and stuff are extremely expensive and if it were mine I would be at the dealership asking them rather than coming onto a forum with a bad attitude and asking.

Edited by Don Mega

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Without knowing what model the pickup is its a bit hard, Buttttttttt.

Typically the fuel tank on pickups are mounted to the chassis and there is no need to disconnect any fue lines to remove the pickup bed.

Disconnect the filler neck, undo a few wiring connectors and remove 6 to 8 bolts and she lifts right off.

It does sound like dirty fuel though and being a 3 year old deisel, high pressure pumps/injectors and stuff are extremely expensive and if it were mine I would be at the dealership asking them rather than coming onto a forum with a bad attitude and asking.

no, I will just do what ever I want and come on this forum whenever I want. I hope this lack of control over me doesn't annoy you. 

21 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

no, I will just do what ever I want and come on this forum whenever I want. I hope this lack of control over me doesn't annoy you. 

You'll be as welcome as a pork chop in a synagogue.