Birth after care for Mother

Rc2702

Hello,

Hoping someone can advise me on this matter?

Wife just had our 1st child. Required her vagina being cut open to allow for a less painful birthing process. This is fairly normal here I am advised.

I feel we made the wrong decision in using the local hospital to accommodate her family being able to visit etc.

The wife became very feverish in the supposed VIP room and I noticed little to no cleaning was done on any day upto the 3rd day when I began voicing concerns as she was given an isolation Mask yet same bed sheets no cleaner etc. Open wounds + lack of infection control in a non sterile environment has my head racing. I was so excited and so pleased with the birth that I did not notice the room condition:-(

Got her and baby back home now and boy is doing much better,he seems to be thriving.

My wife seems a lot better but I am noticing a change in breathing when she is asleep and she goes hot a bit and complains of back pain in the lower part of her back. She is not much of a complainer and has been known to downplay problems.

We live in a small city I am not interested in going back to the hospital we used and as far as my Mrs is aware we do not have to report to any after care place for her or baby.

I am a bit concerned and do not want to take risk of just waiting for something to happen until we react. I would be interested to know if anyone has some useful advice. It may be of use to discuss location. We are 80km from khon kaen who I am told have some great medical facilities.

Any advice truly appreciated.

Ray

Regarding the getting a bit hot and so forth, this may just be due to the hormonal; changes normal post-partum and I would not worry about it.

She should have a routine post-partum check up one week after delivery, another 7-14 days after and then a third check at 4-6 weeks.  This is assuming no special problems. It can be done at a government Health Center and certainly no need to travel 80 km into Khon Kaen for it.

Should she develop a fever, foul-smelling or yellow discharge, abdominal  pain that is new or increased in severity, severe headache or other problem then do not wait, go directly to the nearest emergency room.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Regarding the getting a bit hot and so forth, this may just be due to the hormonal; changes normal post-partum and I would not worry about it.

She should have a routine post-partum check up one week after delivery, another 7-14 days after and then a third check at 4-6 weeks.  This is assuming no special problems. It can be done at a government Health Center and certainly no need to travel 80 km into Khon Kaen for it.

Should she develop a fever, foul-smelling or yellow discharge, abdominal  pain that is new or increased in severity, severe headache or other problem then do not wait, go directly to the nearest emergency room.

Thanks I will explain the need to speak up should she have any symptoms as you describe.