Anti drink driving campaign urges Thai motorists to fit dash cams ahead of Songkran holidays to "help lower road accidents"

webfact

Omg lets all get a dash camera I got a better idea Lets pull over the drivers and test them fro drink driving Oh no i mentioned work for the police Sorry guys was just a thought I really got a nerve asking the police to do there jobs have I not?:partytime2:

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Probably plenty of cops. Just need some that actually do their jobs.

First thing I'd do is get them out of those spandex solar panel uniforms & put them in baggy khaki (beige) uniforms.

I know I'd stay inside all day if I had to wear super tight, dark brown clothes in the tropics.

Tight shirts[made of polyester] designed to absorb heat and highlight the beer gut, I wonder how that all got started. Light coloured cotton garments are essential for the tropics. White short sleeve shirts with dark blue blue chinos are ideal for a proper police force if Thailand ever gets round to having one, which we know won't ever happen. Expect to see the BIB just sitting by the side of the road collecting money for decades to come.

1 minute ago, Jeremy50 said:

Tight shirts[made of polyester] designed to absorb heat and highlight the beer gut, I wonder how that all got started. Light coloured cotton garments are essential for the tropics. White short sleeve shirts with dark blue blue chinos are ideal for a proper police force if Thailand ever gets round to having one, which we know won't ever happen. Expect to see the BIB just sitting by the side of the road collecting money for decades to come.

I'm a medium sized guy & had to wear coveralls in Kuwait.

I'd always buy them about 2 sizes too big just for air flow & always had the beige color.

---------------------

Yeah the BIB would probably be more active if they weren't sizzling like bacon every time they stepped outside.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Most likely.

Actually happened to friend. He had a retirement visa & had to blast off to Hua Hin within 24 hours of hitting Swampy so he could report to immigration.

We worked together in Kuwait, so no reason for him to make up the story.

2 cops stopped him. He was sober, they wreaked of booze & one was puking.

He gave them 200 baht & continued on.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

This guy got the dash cam concept all wrong here, this is a good an idea

of putting rubber band on your wallet to prevent you from spending money,

the answer is more police presence with breathalyzers and immediate revocation

of licenses and vehicle confiscations......

You really think that will happen? Better chance pigs flying backwards then that happening? Means they actually have to do ( What is that dirty word to Thais) WORK

For the sake of disclosure I do not own a car and do not driver here but a dash cam seems to me to be the first accessory you should buy when purchasing a car here or put it on your birthday and Christmas list. It could prove worth its weight in gold some day.

6 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

A government official promoting social media hmmm. 

Read again. Not a government official.

This to some extent explains the pussyfooting around the real problem along with a sympathetic reference to the police (who happen to be the real problem).

He is promoting something however. A trade fair selling dash cams. Vested interest, perhaps.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What's another load of total Thai BS? The majority of Thai drivers and riders are not fit to be on the road.:crazy:

I agree they are not fit to be on the road.. My BS comment was in response to the suggestions that dash cam would reduce accidents. I think you misunderstood my comment.

Why do these gits always focus on the peripheral stuffs? How stupid can they be, if they haven't realised by now, that the ONE and ONLY reason (most of the time) for road accidents is the idiot behind the wheel? It's always the fault of the vehicle, its parts, the weather - even the amulet for not yielding enough protective power. But never the driver.

Jeez, where do they get these people with all the great ideas.  :saai:

Of course dash cams don't prevent accidents or drunk driving.  They are as usual as the police.  Show up after the fact, fill out a report and scrape the dead bodies off the highway.  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Edited by 55Jay

14 hours ago, webfact said:

With this in mind he said that a fair has been set up in Pathumwan, Bangkok, on April 1st and 2nd where half a dozen leading manufacturers of dash cams from China would be selling reliable products at cheap prices.

A subsidiary of Chinese Submarines Inc., I dare say.

Its hard to believe the stuff thats news here.
But in defence of the country there needs to be more police ,but i guess a dash cam will have to do.
Hope cheap from china isnt the usual cheap stuff from china.

"But in defence of the country there needs to be more police ..."

I think there are enough (if not too many) police officers already. The problem is most of them do squat -_-

Give the man a raise. Dashcams are going to reduce deaths but more over, make video footage available to name and shame people....that are probably going to be dead considering the trend of Songkran oO

Can't stress it enough, World Comedy Tournament for countries, Thailand be nailing it year after year.

50 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The problem is most of them do squat -_-

They perfectly ruin flowing traffic starting 16:00 until they go home and it sorted itself out again.