When can we see the sea again?!

Asiantravel

For the past year including all through the recent high season a large part of the Northern end of Beach Road (near the Dusit hotel) has been blocked off to pedestrians with a long row of billboards which say “ beach nourishment “and “ construction zone do not enter “

But it would be nice to be able to see the sea again!

Yesterday there was a gap in the billboards and I was able to get through to check out what was happening and as you can see from the photos not very much at all. :giggle:

I wonder which year they plan on finishing this work?:omfg:

20170320-0001.jpeg

20170320-0002.jpeg

20170320-0003.jpeg

Edited by Asiantravel

We already have the latest beach nourishment whinge thread running here. There our experts from the TVF Bureau of Coastal Engineering have already weighed in as indeed they did earlier here. As you know, it will be finished when it's finished. Or not. When it is, if it is, it's still not going to be the "pristine beach" overlooked by a "world class promenade" that our farangs believe they were all promised in the contract and are owed by right.

In the meantime, walk down a block or so and see the sea there.

Edited by JSixpack

10 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

For the past year including all through the recent high season a large part of the Northern end of Beach Road (near the Dusit hotel) has been blocked off to pedestrians with a long row of billboards which say “ beach nourishment “and “ construction zone do not enter “

But it would be nice to be able to see the sea again!

Yesterday there was a gap in the billboards and I was able to get through to check out what was happening and as you can see from the photos not very much at all. :giggle:

I wonder which year they plan on finishing this work?:omfg:

20170320-0001.jpeg

20170320-0002.jpeg

20170320-0003.jpeg

An obvious case of TiT.

The recently update said that it will be finished by early next year (2018). 

The problem is the source of sand will be changed. Then they have to work on the Initial Environmental Examination Report. After that they will reprocess working on beach nourishment. 

I live near the area and nothing has been done for (my estimate 4-5 months). The so called "engineer" found out the sand from the Rayong area did not match the color of the sand of Pattaya Beach (can you imagine the Thais would give a hoot about matching colors?); next, the "engineer" in charge was going to take the sand from some nearby island...but then the navy, who owns the island, said it would ruin the habitat of the area. Sounds like a Mickey-Mouse job to me that is in charge of the whole operation.  (The exact details were in a couple  newspapers a few months ago).  Instead of putting a banner-wall a block long advertising that the city is restoring  the beach, put the name of the incompetent construction company and the name of this so called "qualified" engineer who seem to be amateurs.  (Compliment: The banner is pretty.5555)  You think the 4-5 star hotels along there would put up a stink but maybe you do not "rattle" city hall. In the Western world this incompetency would be an embarrassment to a tourist town. (but the banner is pretty). I no longer meet friends for drinks at the courtyard at the Holiday Inn or Green Tree because there is no sea view...(but the banner is pretty).

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I went in there today and walked thru a bunch of feces, some bum taking a leak,  and dogs hanging out.  A shame you would think the beach improvement would be a priority.

Given that they have spent the last few years destroying the beach, one would be surprised if they actually fixed their stuff up, as it would be admitting they didn't have a clue how to do it in the first place.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that they have spent the last few years destroying the beach, one would be surprised if they actually fixed their stuff up, as it would be admitting they didn't have a clue how to do it in the first place.

Now now then,don,t you think the renovated beach promenade is truly amazing and complements TOT,s assessment of Pattaya as a "truly world class holiday destination" if the answer is negative then join the thousands of othere residents here that "pig in a poke" seems to be a more true assessment.........you have to laugh sometimes at their attempts though  :cheesy: