Storm in a Thai teacup - woman goes to the police over pump attendants who can't open filler cap

webfact

Storm in a Thai teacup - woman goes to the police over pump attendants who can't open filler cap

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The world of Thai social media is abuzz after a Thai woman was filmed arguing with pump attendants at a gas station in Bangkok.

And all because the woman - who is irate and doing all the finger pointing at the attendants - cannot open a filler cap on the motorcycle she is riding, reported Sanook.

In a hissy fit she calls Bang Khen police to "come and investigate".

Also at the crux of the matter is that many on social media understood from the clip that the woman was claiming to be connected to the local force.

But it turned out she just knew someone at the police station.

Still, it was enough for the netizens on Thai social media to round on her for her behavior. She was condemned for her attitude all across social media and now she wants revenge.

After the matter had been sorted out amicably at the station - and the attendants had apologized to her, she went back later to threaten the person who posted the clip online with defamation and loss of face.

The drama started on Tuesday evening when the woman took her Honda Airblade - a relatively new model for Thailand - into what is thought to be a Shell station to fill up.

The attendants don't now how to open the cap, and neither does she. She wails: "I am asking you why won't you fill up for me?"

An argument breaks out as it is pointed out that she can't open it herself.

"You are working at a filling station, why can't you open it?", she screams.

She then calls the police and the words "phoo kong fai" are heard leading many who saw the clip to believe she is connected to the station.

Later Bang Khen station chief Amnat Intharasuan told sanook.com that following the incident the manager of the gas station and his staff had gone with the woman involved to the station and apologies were made. The matter had been settled.

But on Wednesday when the clip was shared online to Youlike, Youtube and other platforms the woman got mad.

Last night at 10.45pm she went back to police to register a complaint that she had been harmed by the clip and lost face. She said it was not representative of the whole incident and presented her in an unfavorable light, she said.

She said that it was not true that she worked with the police - she is a saleswoman at a nearby car showroom. She had borrowed the bike from a colleague and so didn't know how to open the filler cap.

When she called the police she mentioned the words "phoo kong fai" in answer to a question about the position of someone who she said worked at the police station.

She demanded that the clip be taken down or she would sue under the computer crimes act.

But whether she was an official at the police or not most people online thought that it was absurd that anyone would go to the police over such a trivial matter as pump attendants being unable to open a filler cap.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-23

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a total moron. She should be charged with wasting police time (i know that's a bit of a stretch actually).

But seriously how do people like this survive so long, especially in a wild west country like Thailand ?

A cull is needed

Behind every smile is an angry Thai.

They really do have serious anger issues bubbling away just ready to explode over nothing.

It's just as well she didn't have a gun. Remember the 1 Baht Murderer a few years ago? Gas attendant shot a customer in the head as he refused to pay for 1 baht over fill.

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

And all because the woman - who is irate and doing all the finger pointing at the attendants - cannot open a filler cap on the motorcycle she is riding, reported Sanook.

In a hissy fit she calls Bang Khen police to "come and investigate".

The world, it seems, has an inexhaustible supply of stupid.

Edited by Bluespunk

agree with post 5, there is something wrong with these people, what a total moron, and by escalating it, she has made herself look even more stupid, this "loss of face" crap, needs sorting, this is the 21st century, (well it is for some of us) and this defamation rubbish, when the video shows she was a total <deleted>.i wouldn't buy anything from her, with an attitude like that.

21 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

agree with post 5, there is something wrong with these people, what a total moron, and by escalating it, she has made herself look even more stupid, this "loss of face" crap, needs sorting, this is the 21st century, (well it is for some of us) and this defamation rubbish, when the video shows she was a total <deleted>.i wouldn't buy anything from her, with an attitude like that.

She probably works for the government so you have no choice and will buy from her.

But actually she's right, why the staff can't even open a filler cap?? That's ridiculous, it's like a busdriver who can't drive safe or a policeman who's corrupt, an english teacher who can't speak english or an immigration officer who can't speak english or a taxidriver with a broken meter. Can't have that....

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

She probably works for the government so you have no choice and will buy from her.

But actually she's right, why the staff can't even open a filler cap?? That's ridiculous, it's like a busdriver who can't drive safe or a policeman who's corrupt, an english teacher who can't speak english or an immigration officer who can't speak english or a taxidriver with a broken meter. Can't have that....

"She probably works for the government so you have no choice and will buy from her."  Not unless the government is in the car business.

".....she is a saleswoman at a nearby car showroom."

This "Miss Fitch" would benefit from a day at one of P.M. Prayuth's attitude adjustment clinics.

It is entirely possible that this is a rare case of a being unable to open a fuel tank cap, however the theatrics and hissy fit are not justified IMHO.

Social media is a wonderful way of bringing down the high and mighty from their perceived lofty perches.  

"The drama started on Tuesday evening when the woman took her Honda Airblade - a relatively new model for Thailand - into what is thought to be a Shell station to fill up."

Since when????  Didn't they stop making this model in like 2010 or something?

To the angry, pointing, bow legged, frumpy, self important, frustrated housewife making decent working folks day that little bit longer, defam these nutz you mental <deleted>!!

39 minutes ago, fruitman said:

" why the staff can't even open a filler cap??"  

On the airblade, it open with the key true a wire, and it can happen it don't work 100%

so don't blame the staff!  

I Know! I own one myself before ! 

5 minutes ago, hellstens said:

" why the staff can't even open a filler cap??"  

On the airblade, it open with the key true a wire, and it can happen it don't work 100%

so don't blame the staff!  

I Know! I own one myself before ! 

I've had mine for just over 10 years (amazing how time flies!) and agree that the 'cover' sometimes has problems - in my case, fortunately closing rather than opening.

Reading the headline, I thought it was about a pump attendant who couldn't be bothered to open the petrol cap rather than the woman and pump attendant not knowing how to open the 'cover'.

Ridiculous over-reaction, for which she is now being shamed.

Her arrogant, patronizing and condescending attitude alone makes me want to slap the crap out of her.

And isn't it pathetic how this type of people always feel that they have been "defamed" and "lost face" whenever their disgusting behavior is exposed on the internet? In fact, they have defamed themselves the very moment they acted like a spoiled brat and are entirely and solely responsible for their perceived loss of face.

Behave like a civilized, decent and respectful person instead of a complete a**h**e and nobody will want to film you or post the clip anywhere. It's so easy to protect your precious face and reputation.

Edited by Misterwhisper
additions

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Doesn't mean she has to act like a 10yr old schoolgirl. 

She's made herself look even more stupid than she really is. Loss of face hahaha.