Do many Thais hate us, because they feel we've much more than them?

i've travelled quite widely, over 50 countries, and i can say i have never felt hated anywhere. indeed the one over riding memory of my 2.5 years spent travelling round the world was that wherever i was if i had a problem someone always helped me. having said that i was in morocco during the first gulf war and encountered some animosity, and china can at times be challenging.

if you are encountering hate anywhere the first place i suggest you look for the cause is yourself.

You obviously travel around the world with blinders on. People hated you but you were unaware of it. There's nothing wrong with that though. Ignorance is bliss.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tropo said:

You obviously travel around the world with blinders on. People hated you but you were unaware of it. There's nothing wrong with that though. Ignorance is bliss.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I lived and worked in 38 countries around the world and rarely felt hated though Angola was definitely the scariest country I have been to though Pakistan was close at times. In your opinion does that make me like Macthehat?

OTOH it is only your opinion which obviously counts a lot for you but not for many other people.

Perhaps you are the ignorant one.

I just wish they would stop calling Rambo when I'm out walking. I don't have Stallones money, I'm not Italian and I don't carry an M60. !

It must be the muscles then maybe long sleeved XXXXL shirt and trousers would cover them up.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I lived and worked in 38 countries around the world and rarely felt hated though Angola was definitely the scariest country I have been to though Pakistan was close at times. In your opinion does that make me like Macthehat?

OTOH it is only your opinion which obviously counts a lot for you but not for many other people.

Be yourself billd766, I'm already taken .. if I live to see half of what you've seen I'll be happy ...Respect :)

On 3/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, vogie said:

I think too many people on here have a huge complex and suffer from paranoia?

Well what are you gonna do when you get starred at, every day, up one side of the Soi, down the other. (Pattaya). I just wish they would ignore me a fraction of what I ignore them !

12 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Well what are you gonna do when you get starred at, every day, up one side of the Soi, down the other. (Pattaya). I just wish they would ignore me a fraction of what I ignore them !

Are you sure they are not FBI agents or maybe...............

unnamed (2).jpg

20 minutes ago, morrobay said:

If I were you I would relocate to Scunthorpe...

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

There are a lot of people around the world that hate us, no matter your religion, colour or creed. If you don't see that, yes, I put you in the same category as Macthehat, but perhaps a bit more naive as you claim to have lived and worked in 38 countries. 

I'm not saying that these people who hate you are always going to come out and make it known. That usually only happens if you give them what they perceive as an excuse or reason.

However, I don't understand why you had to contradict yourself in your reply because you already proved I'm correct with 2 examples. The rest you probably forgot. BTW, I lived in South Africa in the 70's. I'm well aware of hatred. Currently, I'm aware of a lot of hatred in Thailand.

Edited by tropo

3 hours ago, tropo said:

There are a lot of people around the world that hate us, no matter your religion, colour or creed. If you don't see that, yes, I put you in the same category as Macthehat, but perhaps a bit more naive as you claim to have lived and worked in 38 countries. 

I'm not saying that these people who hate you are always going to come out and make it known. That usually only happens if you give them what they perceive as an excuse or reason.

However, I don't understand why you had to contradict yourself in your reply because you already proved I'm correct with 2 examples. The rest you probably forgot. BTW, I lived in South Africa in the 70's. I'm well aware of hatred. Currently, I'm aware of a lot of hatred in Thailand.

Simply your opinion.

I didn't just claim that I lived and worked in 38 countries, I actually have worked in them. Now unless you have done something like that you, are talking from your lower orifice as usual. If you are really that interested I could bore you and everybody else with dates and places. It is sufficient to say that I spent 25 years in the military, 7 years in the UK as a civilian and from 1991 to 2009 as an international field engineer working for Motorola and also as a self employed contractor.

I have worked as far north as inside the arctic circle at Andoya in Norway, as far south as the North Island of New Zealand, as far west as Chile in South America and as far east as Papua New Guinea.

BTW I also spent a month in South Africa at Johannesburg in September and October of 1998.

How about you?

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Simply your opinion.

I didn't just claim that I lived and worked in 38 countries, I actually have worked in them. Now unless you have done something like that you, are talking from your lower orifice as usual. If you are really that interested I could bore you and everybody else with dates and places. It is sufficient to say that I spent 25 years in the military, 7 years in the UK as a civilian and from 1991 to 2009 as an international field engineer working for Motorola and also as a self employed contractor.

I have worked as far north as inside the arctic circle at Andoya in Norway, as far south as the North Island of New Zealand, as far west as Chile in South America and as far east as Papua New Guinea.

BTW I also spent a month in South Africa at Johannesburg in September and October of 1998.

How about you?

(there's no need to flame. i.e the "bottom orifice" comment - we really don't need to turn this into a flame fest, do we?)

Apparently, you're not very aware of what's going on around you. Some people are like that. Yes, we are all offering opinions here - both of us. A curriculum vitae is not a requirement to post here. We're all anonymous. You could say you've visited 200 countries and no one would be the wiser.

You already proved me right by mentioning 2 countries where you had trouble. In that list of 38 you claim to have visited/worked and lived in, I'm sure there are many others. South Africa is an obvious one as I spent 6 years in Johannesburg (few people would argue about SA being a hotspot for racial tension), and there's plenty of trouble in the North Island of NZ - I spent 7 years there... I have much personal experience of cultural hatred in those 2 countries... that's 4 we have already. Papua New Guinea LOL - that's a dangerous place for white people... I have a close friend who lived there for 10 years and he had many interesting stories to tell me. Add Thailand to the list and we already have 6... and you're claiming no one hates you anywhere in the world? How about giving me the full list of countries and how long you've lived in each and when, and I'll come up with more.

6 hours ago, Macthehat said:

Thank you .....I'm still trying to figure out why so many people hate you .

Your point was that you made a quick trip around the world and concluded that everyone loves you. You can't learn much with your head buried deep in the sand.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

Your point was that you made a quick trip around the world and concluded that everyone loves you. You can't learn much with your head buried deep in the sand.

Not sure what's bringing on these delusions your having ...i cant remember making a trip around the world and meeting all these people who love me ...but keep going please im enjoying your Trip .

11 hours ago, tropo said:

(there's no need to flame. i.e the "bottom orifice" comment - we really don't need to turn this into a flame fest, do we?)

Apparently, you're not very aware of what's going on around you. Some people are like that. Yes, we are all offering opinions here - both of us. A curriculum vitae is not a requirement to post here. We're all anonymous. You could say you've visited 200 countries and no one would be the wiser.

You already proved me right by mentioning 2 countries where you had trouble. In that list of 38 you claim to have visited/worked and lived in, I'm sure there are many others. South Africa is an obvious one as I spent 6 years in Johannesburg (few people would argue about SA being a hotspot for racial tension), and there's plenty of trouble in the North Island of NZ - I spent 7 years there... I have much personal experience of cultural hatred in those 2 countries... that's 4 we have already. Papua New Guinea LOL - that's a dangerous place for white people... I have a close friend who lived there for 10 years and he had many interesting stories to tell me. Add Thailand to the list and we already have 6... and you're claiming no one hates you anywhere in the world? How about giving me the full list of countries and how long you've lived in each and when, and I'll come up with more.

Where did I claim that I had trouble? I said that Angola and Pakistan were not the nicest countries I have been to which is not the same thing at all.

Johannesburg was the only country that I have been to where in a Motorola office reception was a notice clearly stating "All weapons MUST be checked in at reception".

You have no idea of who I am, what I have done or where I have been yet YOU claim that I have no idea of what is going on around me. How do you manage to reach that conclusion? I have never claimed that nobody hates me in the world so please stop putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.

I thoroughly enjoyed PNG for the 4 months that I worked there and I can honestly say that to my knowledge that nobody hated me there. It was one of the few countries where I helped build a mobile phone system that people have actually come up and thanked me for doing so. Was PNG dangerous. Yes it was at times, but it was fun too. I had a crew of Filipinos carjacked once but the PNG guys who jacked them took them to a bus stop, put them on the right bus, gave them some of their own money back for the fare and buggered off. Half that crew chose to quit PNG and the other half stayed. In PNG it is/was quite common to see kids as young as 9 or 10 wandering around the streets of Mt Hagen with machetes. "Rock concerts" were quite common using real rocks between the tribes fighting.

You don't want a CV but you want me to post where I have been. You only claim to have been to SA but have had "friends" who have been to other countries, yet you still claim that most people who responded have no idea what they are talking about, but that you apparently do. On what experience are you basing your claims?

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

12 hours ago, Macthehat said:

Not sure what's bringing on these delusions your having ...i cant remember making a trip around the world and meeting all these people who love me ...but keep going please im enjoying your Trip .

Perhaps you're the one tripping, while you make trips all over the world.

In the US you can cop a beating or worse just for being a Trump supporter. It'll take a lot less than that in Thailand - the subject of this thread.

Edited by tropo

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Where did I claim that I had trouble? I said that Angola and Pakistan were not the nicest countries I have been to which is not the same thing at all.

Johannesburg was the only country that I have been to where in a Motorola office reception was a notice clearly stating "All weapons MUST be checked in at reception".

You have no idea of who I am, what I have done or where I have been yet YOU claim that I have no idea of what is going on around me. How do you manage to reach that conclusion? I have never claimed that nobody hates me in the world so please stop putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.

I thoroughly enjoyed PNG for the 4 months that I worked there and I can honestly say that to my knowledge that nobody hated me there. It was one of the few countries where I helped build a mobile phone system that people have actually come up and thanked me for doing so. Was PNG dangerous. Yes it was at times, but it was fun too. I had a crew of Filipinos carjacked once but the PNG guys who jacked them took them to a bus stop, put them on the right bus, gave them some of their own money back for the fare and buggered off. Half that crew chose to quit PNG and the other half stayed. In PNG it is/was quite common to see kids as young as 9 or 10 wandering around the streets of Mt Hagen with machetes. "Rock concerts" were quite common using real rocks between the tribes fighting.

You don't want a CV but you want me to post where I have been. You only claim to have been to SA but have had "friends" who have been to other countries, yet you still claim that most people who responded have no idea what they are talking about, but that you apparently do. On what experience are you basing your claims?

I appreciate a reply without flame - thank you.

There is no point for anonymous posters on this forum claiming anything as nothing can be verified.

(You didn't read my reply very carefully as I didn't claim to have been to SA, I lived there for 6 years. You even quoted it above: "South Africa is an obvious one as I spent 6 years in Johannesburg" .)

You seem to have no idea why you replied to my post in the first place and you're going on off-topic tangents. Go back to your first reply to me and get back on track.  

The reason why I concluded why you have no idea of what is going on around you is based on the absurdity of your reply. i.e. there's no hate in the world - everybody loves you... decided after visiting, living and working in 38 countries.

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

There is no point for anonymous posters on this forum claiming anything as nothing can be verified.

(You didn't read my reply very carefully as I didn't claim to have been to SA, I lived there for 6 years. You even quoted it above: "South Africa is an obvious one as I spent 6 years in Johannesburg" .)

You seem to have no idea why you replied to my post in the first place and you're going on off-topic tangents. Go back to your first reply to me and get back on track.  

The reason why I concluded why you have no idea of what is going on around you is based on the absurdity of your reply. i.e. there's no hate in the world - everybody loves you... decided after visiting, living and working in 38 countries.

Would you two get a room already?

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

You didn't accept my word that I have lived and worked in 38 countries. So you are basing that everybody hates you because you lived in SA for 6 years yet you STILL claim that I said that everybody loves me. Putting the same words in my mouth once again and still believing that I know nothing of what goes on around me. What arrogance and ignorance on your part.

As you your ridiculous claim that as an anonymous poster no claim can be verified, what about your claim of 6 years in SA.

In my case the UK Inland Revenue knows where I have been as I have filled in my tax forms every year. I know where I have been as I have the record of where and when. My first wife knew a lot of it as does my second Thai wife.

The important people in my life knew but people like you actually have no idea but still claim the "moral" high ground. I am happy that you believe that you know more than anybody else about love and hate in the world. It is just that you don't really. Only your experience and your opinion which may mean a lot to you but nothing to me or quite a few other people.