Govt going ahead with high-speed railway plan

rooster59

10 hours ago, mike324 said:

I believe their high speed is not "bullet train" speed that goes over 300 km/hr.

Their high speed meaning maximum capable of 280-300km/hr, but will run around 200-240km/hr instead.

Whereas bullet trains are capable of 380/hr but normally run around 300-340km/hr instead.

So building cost for high speed trains is in fact a lot lower than bullet train. I don't think the problem is with the cost, but more on the management side of things, the trains can greatly benefit the country in many ways, unlike the submarine that they want to buy.

Malaysia's  Pendag Beasar to KL runs at 140km/hr, let's start there - that high speed in comparison to the current. I dont know if the track or engine is capable of more, but the onboard TVs show it hitting 139-140km/hr in many parts of <2hr journey.  Why can't just have the same, heck they already have their foot in their so to speak just starting extending the line up to bangkok and then the rest. I've done the hard work and wikipedia it -  Marubeni Corporation and jointly built by Hyundai Rotem of Korea and Mitsubishi. Electric of Japan

Edited by ladada

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Wrong wrong wrong. I lived 5 years darling Harbour Sydney. My condo was at the bts.
It did several stations looping around China town and near Grace brothers.
It's a toy covering 3% of what bangkok Sky train covers but glad you enjoyed it

So how many countries have a sky train and sleek MRT Together?

Your digging a hole but it's fun watching

Over

To

You

emoji3.png

I am not digging a hole, I experienced it and never had any problems.  Have you ever tried the transit system in the cities that I mentioned?  Probably not.  So if you only tried the system in Australia and didn't like it, I can't help it and maybe you should try some other places around the civilized world so you could compare, not only one country.  I also went thru many cities in Europe on the train system and they are a thousand times more efficient than the system in Thailand.  Now the ball is back in your court.  Enjoy.

I am not digging a hole, I experienced it and never had any problems.  Have you ever tried the transit system in the cities that I mentioned?  Probably not.  So if you only tried the system in Australia and didn't like it, I can't help it and maybe you should try some other places around the civilized world so you could compare, not only one country.  I also went thru many cities in Europe on the train system and they are a thousand times more efficient than the system in Thailand.  Now the ball is back in your court.  Enjoy.

Nice dodge, try again

How many cities have both a sky train and MRT?

Damn hole getting bigger, you gonna fall in [emoji23]

2 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Nice dodge, try again

Damn hole getting bigger, you gonna fall in emoji23.png

Kl is just an example. Not that having a skytrain and MRT is some kind of big advantage, certainly not with completely separate ticketing systems. The two systems are nice. Lightyears ahead they are not. The ARL is a classic example of how to not organize a mass transit system by the way.

19 hours ago, ladada said:

Malaysia's  Pendag Beasar to KL runs at 140km/hr, let's start there - that high speed in comparison to the current. I dont know if the track or engine is capable of more, but the onboard TVs show it hitting 139-140km/hr in many parts of <2hr journey.  Why can't just have the same, heck they already have their foot in their so to speak just starting extending the line up to bangkok and then the rest. I've done the hard work and wikipedia it -  Marubeni Corporation and jointly built by Hyundai Rotem of Korea and Mitsubishi. Electric of Japan

140km/hr is not consider as high speed in this day and time. No need to compare to Thailands trains that are like 30-40 years old. I do agree if we can even get 140km/hr that would be good enough for now.

11 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Nice dodge, try again

Damn hole getting bigger, you gonna fall in emoji23.png

The hole is not getting bigger, sky train, MRT is the same shit different pile.  In my city Montreal Canada, its all underground and we call it subway, it's the same as MRT and they are very efficient.  They opened in 1966 waaayyy before the system in Bangkok, Vancouver system is above ground and aerial and New York city is all underground, so it doesn't have to be a Sky train to be efficient or the state-of-the-art.  Do you get my drift yet.