seatbelts -ouch!

uptoyoumyfriend

The fine increased, can't remember if it is now 1000B or 2000B.

I had them fitted on the back bench seat of my Open Cab Ranger at one of the car accessory seat shops near the railway station. Not expensive, though can't remember how much.

Does anyone know if the law applies to back seat passengers? (Yes, I know the dangers of not belting up, you don't need to come chiming in with your health and safety hat on, I just want to know the law).

7 minutes ago, naboo said:

Does anyone know if the law applies to back seat passengers? (Yes, I know the dangers of not belting up, you don't need to come chiming in with your health and safety hat on, I just want to know the law).

According to a couple of news reports I've read, the new law applies to ALL passengers within a vehicle.....so, yes, applies to backseat passengers too.

We were in a mini-van today in South Thailand and a roadblock was set up checking all minivans to see if all passengers were wearing seat belts. They even had a guy come in (mechanic) and test one of the seat belts to see if it was installed in a safe manner. That was impressive. They also have a new GPS system in the vans and if the drivers exceed 90 Km/H for more than 10 seconds I believe, the company is sent a ticket. About time.