Benz’s Racing’s seized bike snapped up at auction

webfact

Benz’s Racing’s seized bike snapped up at auction

3f0e8dd6aec5505190bb5ebdd582938f-sld.jpe

Piyawat Chanthorn gives an interview to a reporter.

BANGKOK: -- A restaurant owner on Sunday successfully bid Bt694,000 at auction and came home with a BMW bike seized from motorsport star Akarakit Worarojcharoendet, alias Benz Racing.

Businessman Piyawat Chanthorn, 21, said he did not even know that the bike, which had a starting price of Bt650,000, belonged to Akarakit.

Piyawat said he bought the bike for his brother, who has a passion for BMW machines. 

“The winning price is about Bt100,000 cheaper than in the market. It’s worth the price as the general condition of it looks new, although the mileage is already 9,000 kilometres,” he said.

“I felt stunned to learn that Akarakit was the previous owner. I have heard about the case from the media, but I felt nothing about that as I bid because I wanted to get the bike and the price was within my limit.”

The bike was among the items that went under the hammer at the Office of the Narcotics Control Board on Sunday. They had been seized during raids by officials investigating drug-related cases.

Akarakit has been linked to Laotian drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpha, who is now in police custody. Akarakit denies knowing Xaysana.

A Bt20-million Lamborghini sports car that previously belonged to Akarakit was offered at a starting price of Bt12 million, but attracted no bids.

Potential bidders for the supercar may have been put off by having to deposit 25 per cent of the starting price, or Bt3 million. This and other unsold items will be put up for auction at a later sale.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310333

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-27

Isnt these bikes or lamborghini that were at the auction evidence of money laundering for drug money? 

How is it that the case has not yet been tried or sentenced in court n the evidence is already been sold or auction off. 

How does this work?

Isnt these bikes or lamborghini that were at the auction evidence of money laundering for drug money? 

How is it that the case has not yet been tried or sentenced in court n the evidence is already been sold or auction off. 

How does this work?

They need the cash.

Piyawat said he bought the bike for his brother, who has a passion for BMW machines. 

When asked further as to what is his brothers name Piyaway replied...Akarakit  but his buddies call him Benz Racing :stoner:

Edited by mania

4 minutes ago, mania said:

When asked further as to what is his brothers name Piyaway replied...Akarakit  but his buddies call him Benz Racing :stoner:

555 mitsubishi that worked on assembly, thus should call him mitsu x)
EDIT: though every lancer (evo III) is sold as benz car, and mercs only sell by their european model stamps :D 

Edited by jabis

2 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

How does this work?

possession 9/10ths of the law :smile:

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was accused of something and the police sold my motorbike and car before I even had a trial. Does that really happen? Guess so.

And for sure they could expect a huge counterclaim in case i was innocent.

But who buys a racingbike for just 100k under the newprice? Sure the previous owner has raced the bike like it was a cheap disposable machine so the engine might have severe damage inside.

Same goes for used cars who almost cost the same as new ones...who buys that??

One day i wanted to buy a Forza with 6000 km on the clock...looked like new...untill i saw the discbrake having deep grooves from wear which is impossible for 6000 km on the clock.

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And for sure they could expect a huge counterclaim in case i was innocent.

But who buys a racingbike for just 100k under the newprice? Sure the previous owner has raced the bike like it was a cheap disposable machine so the engine might have severe damage inside.

Same goes for used cars who almost cost the same as new ones...who buys that??

One day i wanted to buy a Forza with 6000 km on the clock...looked like new...untill i saw the discbrake having deep grooves from wear which is impossible for 6000 km on the clock.

Last time I checked a S1000RR was 820,000. So he's saved about 130,000 Baht on the sticker price plus it's probably got a few aftermarket parts. 

Same as you, I'd rather pay the extra and have a new one. Mainly because I don't see how this bike could have been legally sold by the police before trial. I'm guessing Benz racing might want it back at some point and then it's going to get messy.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Last time I checked a S1000RR was 820,000. So he's saved about 130,000 Baht on the sticker price plus it's probably got a few aftermarket parts. 

Same as you, I'd rather pay the extra and have a new one. Mainly because I don't see how this bike could have been legally sold by the police before trial. I'm guessing Benz racing might want it back at some point and then it's going to get messy.

My neighbour just bought a showmodel Ducati Diavel for 500k baht...out of the showroom and with only a few hundred km on the clock.

So how can he pay almost the full price for this used old bike? Real motofreaks won't buy a used bike unless the price is like that for the Ducati and after a decent testride of course.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Businessman Piyawat Chanthorn, 21

When you are claiming to be a businessman at the age of 21 in Thailand

When you are dropping many times the average salary for a bike

When you have not test ridden the bike

When you are paying over the odds

When you are buying it for your "brother"

I can assure you there is a massive back story here not being told.

All is never what it seems in Thailand.

29 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Was the Red Bull heirs car seized after killing a cop and fleeing the country.

Cavalino Motors (which is the official importer of Ferrari in Thailand) is owned by the same family as the red bull heir.

Maybe you can spot it at the 70th anniversary event which happened on the weekend by the FOCT. 

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was accused of something and the police sold my motorbike and car before I even had a trial. Does that really happen? Guess so.

..a bit difficult to re-enact.

12 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

How does this work?   maybe they confessed

That Lamborghini is a hell of a bargain if it is sold as is .,meaning no added taxes.

I rather imagine that the Lamborghini is(was from the beginning) "spoken for". It will probably go out of the back gate when things cool down a bit...