Spots/rash or a rash of spots.

toofarnorth

I have been living here since 2005 and have had very few health issues since arriving here but about 6 weeks ago I developed a rash ...yep up there in what is politely called the groin area. Never had this before so why now.  The pharmacy I get BP tabs from and items for the TW recommended Dermaheu   a dermatitis  ointment this has had no effect.  Tea Tree oil the same .  I am going to Lotus later on and as a last resort will try nappy rash cream , I did try Prickly heat powder but I think it turns into grinding paste when going out . Come on chaps / ladies / ladyboys , it can't just be me with this prob.

Yes why all these village-cures, primitiv as such....

Go to a real doctor, get the medicin, and it will be just fine..unless it is a sikness of sexual nature than be even more careful..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Dermaheu is a combination cream that contains a little of everything (the kitchen sink approach), some of which are likely to make fungal infections worse.

Most rashes of this type are fungal.   Keep the area as clean and dry and ventilated  as possible, wear light and loose  cotton clothing (fungi thrive in dark and moisture).

Creams containing clotrimazole and only clotrimazole (no steroids) will usually work if it is indeed fungal, but may take as much as 2 weeks.

Applications of vinegar may also be helpful.

Be sure to dry off completely after showering. Standing in front of a fan helps.

If it does not resolve -- or at  least substantially improve -- within 2 weeks see a dermatologist. If it gets worse, don't wait 2 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...