Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Friday night January 5th, around 7:00pm, the recon pissheads will be checking out Drunks and Darelicks Soi 9 Jomtien.

All TV members are invited to check out the venue and to post their opinions.

I'm in! The steaks are worth the trip alone. Make sure you hit up Chris for the free drink token for all board members. :o

after making a few comments about D&D's on here, i was there on new years eve and actually admitted to Chris who i was and i will be there again on friday, only this time i doubt the show girls will have their toungues down my throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB

I'm still in favor of Jameson's over DD. Jameson's has secured parking and many more seats all on 1 level. The Piss-up at DD would be split on 2 floors. Both are air conditioned but the density of smoke is more prolific at DD. Jameson's is central (inches from Big C) while DD is down Jomtien beach. Jameson has a private den or many large round tables which might be more conducive to conversation. DD has 2-3 small round tables (3-4 people) and several square tables often put together banquet style which would put some members far apart from each other (for better or worse...:o).

I'm still in favor of Jameson's over DD. Jameson's has secured parking and many more seats all on 1 level. The Piss-up at DD would be split on 2 floors. Both are air conditioned but the density of smoke is more prolific at DD. Jameson's is central (inches from Big C) while DD is down Jomtien beach. Jameson has a private den or many large round tables which might be more conducive to conversation. DD has 2-3 small round tables (3-4 people) and several square tables often put together banquet style which would put some members far apart from each other (for better or worse...:o).

Havent been to either yet, but will come check out DD tonight with you all. Is it still on at 7pm? hopefully my Imsonia (eating too much before going to bed) is going to let me get some sleep before then.

Apologies for my absence dry.gif

I guess you heard there were no katoeys there :o

Some there could pass for katoeys. On topic, would DD be a good candidate for the piss-up?

TV pissup nt enough space possibly with a big turnout, but for locals and blowins it would be great for a regular drinking hole, would like to see A monthly meet there would be good for the boys would be perfect , how about first friday of the month?

Parking is good, AC is good, food and drink prices excellent!!!!!

Some there could pass for katoeys. On topic, would DD be a good candidate for the piss-up?

seeem to remember soneone talking about the girls there having theirs tongues down someones throat, guess they like the place and that type? hey PP?

seeem to remember soneone talking about the girls there having theirs tongues down someones throat, guess they like the place and that type? hey PP?

I go for the thick steaks and I enjoy chatting with Chris, the owner. I really ignore the girls there.

My assessment of the Drunk and Dare A Lick pissup recon...

Accessibility….Drunk and Dare A Licks is right off of Jomtien Beach Road on Soi 9.

There is a huge parking area directly across the street from the establishment.

Members….Chris (the owner) is a member of Thai Visa

Facilities…. There is a big screen TV as well as 2 small TV’s that can be viewed from any location. My guess is that you could seat 25-30 people. D&D also has a pool table. Upstairs would be too small for a gathering of more than 25 people.

Atmosphere…. The music is oldies played at a volume level so it can be heard, yet a normal conversation can be had without screaming.

Food and Beverages….Food is available. I didn’t eat, but Raro did and he’ll make the call on the quality of the food. The menus haven’t been printed yet so we don’t know what types of food are available, but the drink prices were very reasonable.

Incentives….No incentives were offered nor discussed to my knowledge.

In my opinion, Chris and his wife Kaew are great folks and I enjoyed my recon there. I personally don’t think a TV pissup would be practical at this location at this time. But if any TV members are in the area, stop by and let Chris know who you are. Nice place to throw down a cold one.

Buckwheat and bazmlb came first, so nothing much for me to add other than confirming what they said.

A nice place to unwind and having a great steak at excellent value for money. Great music (in case you are into The Who, Stones and related stuff) but is it the right place for a piss-up? I don't think so and told Chris (who is a relly nice chap) so - for the reason mentioned above.

However, making it some sort of the official TV lounge and hang out for the local TV folks, my recommendation!

/edit: first post didn't make sense...hope this one does...

Edited by raro

The Next Pissup Recon will be at....

Jamisons at 7 pm Friday night 12 January.

All TV members are invited to come and scope out the surroundings and post their thoughts.

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions of a location for the TV management to consider for the next official pissup, please post it on this thread.

The Next Pissup Recon will be at....

Jamisons at 7 pm Friday night 12 January.

Good call. I wonder who thought of it? :o

Another nice aspect to Jameson's is that there's nobody pawing you for drinks or the usual "hello, where you come from?" types. I think that's a mistake given on the last PU there were a few TV members with wives/girlfriends/Giks. I am single so I enjoyed the pawing...:D

Would just like to say Thank you to all the members who came by last night to check out my bar. I feel privilaged to even be in the running after owning the bar for only 3 months.

Any board member who would like to drop by for a quick one is very welcome and if you let me know you are from the board you will get the first drink free. (I know some of you travel a long way from Pattaya to check us out!)

Once again, good to see you all last night and hope to see you again.

Chris & Kaew

Forgot to say, On the subject of an official TV lounge or meet every month, I would be happy to throw open the upstairs bar for the exclusive use of TV members that day, so you will know that everyone there will be another member. Also ALL drinks bought that night would be discounted by 10 baht each, so Bottle Heinekin would be 60 baht, Draught 45 baht, whisky 35 baht etc etc. Let me know what you think of the idea.

Chris & Kaew