Great & Friendly Service @ Pattaya Immigration

moonseeker

Been around the world in many Gov. offices and must say a thank you to Pattaya Immigration, who are always - even with the office packed with often pushy and unprepared foreigners- friendly, efficient and fast. This goes for every counter.

Today @ counter 4, what a lovely, caring lady, always smiling and superfriendly. You good people make all the difference and make me smile again for a few hours. Thank you very much from all of us.  MS>

Great indeed..

I am on touristvisa and i flew back Thailand last fridaymorning. Same day i visited jomtien immigration to report myself because i stay in my own condo..

Fast about 10 minutes service it was. Lady there took my old TM30-slip away from my passport and issued me a new one with new date.:smile:

Desk 2 for re-entry permits lets the whole place down, as it has in the past. I needed a single-entry permit last week and it took almost two hours. No need for it as it wasn't that busy and they weren't serving that many people. It seems packed out but it's just people waiting for an hour or more for them to return the passports as they do it in batches rather than one at a time. To make the experience complete the air con wasn't working properly and it was hot as Hades inside. There were several small children with their parents and even the kids were sweating like crazy.

After getting the re-entry permit I did a 90 day report, and that took all of one minute. Getting a new retirement extension a few months ago was also very quick, less than 10 minutes. So why can't desk 2 buck their ideas up a bit, it's a poor joke compared with the other desks?

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

Desk 2 for re-entry permits lets the whole place down, as it has in the past. I needed a single-entry permit last week and it took almost two hours. No need for it as it wasn't that busy and they weren't serving that many people. It seems packed out but it's just people waiting for an hour or more for them to return the passports as they do it in batches rather than one at a time. To make the experience complete the air con wasn't working properly and it was hot as Hades inside. There were several small children with their parents and even the kids were sweating like crazy.

After getting the re-entry permit I did a 90 day report, and that took all of one minute. Getting a new retirement extension a few months ago was also very quick, less than 10 minutes. So why can't desk 2 buck their ideas up a bit, it's a poor joke compared with the other desks?

You have always some people having bad luck in waiting, but for me never had a problem maybe i`m on a retirement and have time for waiting and b.t.w. the coffee outside is OK during waiting time.    

coffee time.jpg

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

I think a lot depends on what side of the bed some of the immigration officers get out of in the morning.

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Jomtien Immigration is always excellent..Fast

officers, willing to help and station 4 for your

90 day report is always fast and friendly!!!

Thank You!

Agree. I've never had a problem there. Everyone I've dealt with has fast, efficient and friendly. Even doing the annual extension of stay is quick and painless.

Ditto and kudos to Jomtien IMO.  Had to renew my annual NON-0 extension of stay this past Wed.  Pulled my number from the front desk and hit the 'lottery', my number was next on counter 5.  No thanks for the street cleaners that came though.  Was over my ankles in water walking up to 2d road.

On 3/29/2017 at 5:09 PM, possum1931 said:

I think a lot depends on what side of the bed some of the immigration officers get out of in the morning.

I agree. Having used the office extensively for over 11 years, I can say I've had great, good, average and lousy service there over the years. Re-entry permits can be slow. Reporting is always fast, and retirement extensions are usually fairly quick too. In my experience mid to late afternoon Tuesday - Thursday is the best time. Just after lunch is busy. Morning is busier too as everyone thinks you need to go early LOL.

I reported 90 day not so long ago and had changed address without reporting it , the lady noticed that and corrected to my new address on her computer screen.  

No mentioning of TM30 and no fines to pay . 

Edited by balo