Jump to content

March 2017, TM7 Entention of stay form changed


Recommended Posts

See the new form here:-

 

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_tm7.pdf

 

Immigration have added new fields requiring your address.

On the form, they ask where you came from.

Should we write the home address, or where we were living before the flight/s to get to Thailand?

e.g. If I live in London and fly LHR to Dubai and then to Bangkok,

I think I would write London in the From box. I would not write Dubai.

What is the correct answer?

 

Edited by ubonjoe
OP's request
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There have always been spaces on the TM7 form for you address.

I assume you mean this line for from. That has always been on the form. I would put the UK since that is your point of origin when you fly in.

 

Quote

ได้โดยสารโดยพาหนะ....................................................................จาก....................................................................................................
Arrived by (type of transportation)                                                         From

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phuketjock said:

That appears to be the same form I have been using for the last 9 years, no

changes that I can see??

Be aware that immigration require you to use this form on one sheet of paper

i.e. double sided not two sheets.

I got mine from the TVF downloads page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, phuketjock said:

That appears to be the same form I have been using for the last 9 years, no

changes that I can see??

Be aware that immigration require you to use this form on one sheet of paper

i.e. double sided not two sheets.

There are some minor differences on the form. One is the the photo size is now in english. And this on page 2.

 

Quote

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นคาขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการที่ไม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have always been spaces on the TM7 form for you address.

I assume you mean this line for from. That has always been on the form. I would put the UK since that is your point of origin when fly in.

 

 

 

Thanks Joe, That's what I actually did and it was accepted.

 

I have to struggle with my wife who tends to offer stuff - just in case........

I try to answer their questions, and only that.

Note that I was not asked about FB or other social media details.....

 

 

For the address, yes true but this form layout is different to the one previously online on the Thai Imm site.

Just sayin.

TiT he he

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, electric said:

I recently renewed my marriage extension at Buriram Immi.

 

I dutifully filled out my TM7 correctly, stuck a wonderful photo on the back etc etc. Made sure everything was hunky-dory.

 

Immi didn't want it. They typed all my details into their computer, then printed their own Immi generated TM7. All I had to do was sign it.

 

They even went to the trouble of trying to unglue my wonderful mugshot photo from my TM7, so they could stick it on their copy. I was midly amused by this, as they completely destroyed my TM7 trying to unstick the photo.

 

I had 10 more spare photos in my pocket had someone asked .... but no-one asked.

I love this he he he

 

Same for me, I had a load of copies and photos of this and that including the real bank account.

The one where I import money and xfer to a current ATM connected account, the real account - for spending LOL

 

I offered nowt!

Least said, soonest mended LOL

Actually the lady at Kasikorn refused to give me the letter cos I'd just added 1,000b to the million and got the book updated.

She said come back tomorrow cos this 1,000 won't show up on the computer.

My wife said, we have to come back tomorrow....

I said not really, I just need a letter to say that there has been more than 800,000 in the account for more than 90 days.

There was 1 mill + for several years.....

It seems that my Thai was sufficient for the lady to generate the letter.... Whoop Whoop!!!

and job done....

Never let the @#$%^&*() get you down lol.

 

Now, how to get my BP down the 50 odd points down that today gave me.....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, laislica said:

For the address, yes true but this form layout is different to the one previously online on the Thai Imm site.

I did a side by side comparison of the 2 when the new form was announced.

I have already completed one for my next extension using  the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Fill & Sign option. Discovered I could just copy and paste the info from the MS word version of the old form I have been using for a few years to complete it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I did a side by side comparison of the 2 when the new form was announced.

I have already completed one for my next extension using  the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Fill & Sign option. Discovered I could just copy and paste the info from the MS word version of the old form I have been using for a few years to complete it.

 

 

I think you already know....

You are my hero.

 

 

I might be a bit like you in that I'd like to put old heads on young shoulders he he.

How you persevere in the way you do is ..... I would say awesome, but that word's been hijacked!

 

What you do, dear Sir is above and beyond.

It is more than.

It is unbelievable

It is brilliant.

Over the moon;

.

 

 

(Are you blushing yet?)

no need, your fans are here for you.

 

 

Thanks for all you do.

 

Please tell me, is my pdf any use or not?

Or give me a PDF that does the job (at mo location lol TiT)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, laislica said:

Please tell me, is my pdf any use or not?

It looks good. I notice you inserted some pull downs for the months and dates where needed that make it easier.

I have another one that a member sent me by PM.

 

Edit: The TM8 re-entry permit form has been changed also.

All the new forms are at the the top of this page in PDF format. Unchanged forms are the ones in MS word format at the bottom of the page, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

The new form does not state the application fee (1900 bt) anymore

There are another 2 forms you sign one stating what is required & the fee  the other stating you acknowledged the penalties if you over stay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It looks good. I notice you inserted some pull downs for the months and dates where needed that make it easier.

I have another one that a member sent me by PM.

 

Edit: The TM8 re-entry permit form has been changed also.

All the new forms are at the the top of this page in PDF format. Unchanged forms are the ones in MS word format at the bottom of the page, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

 

Thanks Joe.

I changed the tooltip for the From box to:

Where was your point of origin eg the last leg of your journey

When the mouse pointer hovers on a box you will get a tip to assist your entry.

Everything is forced to upper case.

The form is editable.

 

 

form_tm7Fillable.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/03/2017 at 5:34 PM, electric said:

I recently renewed my marriage extension at Buriram Immi.

 

I dutifully filled out my TM7 correctly, stuck a wonderful photo on the back etc etc. Made sure everything was hunky-dory.

 

Immi didn't want it. They typed all my details into their computer, then printed their own Immi generated TM7. All I had to do was sign it.

 

They even went to the trouble of trying to unglue my wonderful mugshot photo from my TM7, so they could stick it on their copy. I was midly amused by this, as they completely destroyed my TM7 trying to unstick the photo.

 

I had 10 more spare photos in my pocket had someone asked .... but no-one asked.

Exacy the same for me last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Corrected Acknowledge overstay form

I now use the form from the Immigration download site.

Sorry

 

I spotted a few errors and omissions in the previous PDF's so I have made a new one.

It starts with TM7, application for an extension, then the two new overstay forms, then the new TM8 re-entry form

As you fill in the first page it automatically fills in fields in the other pages that have identical fields.

The form is blank but there are a number of defaults to serve as reminders.

If the default is not what you wanted, highlight it and type in the correct answer.

Is the mouse pointer hovers on a field, you will see a tool tip.

I printed a test form with all fields filled to the max with individual data .

The selection arrows don't print.

The field sizes are not consistent across the forms so I had to be creative about font size and field positioning for some of the automatically filled in fields.

If a field is too short, I suggest to leave it blank and write in in by hand after printing.

This was to allow for as many characters as reasonable for names etc.

As has already been pointed out, each set of forms must be printed back to back.

There are print options for many printers that help you print back to back.

 

Please let me have feedback about errors or better default settings

 

Cheers

 

PS

It doesn't matter which of the auto fill fields you complete, the data is shared across all the same field names.

Thus making an error on the first sheet and spotted and corrected on a later sheet, will repopulate all the same fields with the latest data.

BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

 

 

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed file download link at OP's request
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

one million baht languishing  in a thai bank account, , you want your head read.

 

So for a Brit who bought his Baht at 55 (current rate about 42), quite a bonus don't you think?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2017 at 9:33 AM, klauskunkel said:

The new form does not state the application fee (1900 bt) anymore

 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:33 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

That makes sense if they intend to increase it.

Ditto with the new re-entry permit form (TM8).

 

However, it looks like we shall still need to apply for a re-entry permit in person regardless of our state of health. That said, we would, in practice, be unlikely to be in need of a re-entry permit if we were in poor health in any event, I suspect!

Edited by OJAS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...