Airlines who don't give arrivals priority immigration passes

3 hours ago, bubba said:

I guess you had better luck than I, as I have been turned away from the dedicated TG immigration lane (after first and business class checkin) when traveling economy on a gold card. I also enquired with a counter agent and they told me that this service was for first or business class only.

Unfortunately, there is no *A Gold Track at BKK, but those are for security screening only. Wouldn't be of much help at BKK since the holdup is with immigration.

Agree, but I never had fast track at BKK...only overseas using my TG card. That is the frustration...eg, Egyptair offers fast track to TG members in Cairo ( where it makes a huge difference) but Thai offers Nothing other than designated checkin lane for anyone. It's a poor show, IMHO.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:50 AM, bubba said:

I do agree with you regarding Thai Airway's exclusive Immigration counters for First and Business Class passengers. That really is a breeze and never a queue more than one or two people. Only problem is, then you have to board a TG flight.

agreed, they aren't my preferred choice anymore, though they used to be reasonably competitive.

On 23/07/2017 at 0:32 PM, Prbkk said:

Agree, but I never had fast track at BKK...only overseas using my TG card. That is the frustration...eg, Egyptair offers fast track to TG members in Cairo ( where it makes a huge difference) but Thai offers Nothing other than designated checkin lane for anyone. It's a poor show, IMHO.

Well, I guess having a fast track immigration for *A gold card members in Cairo offsets the pain of flying EgyptAir just a little. But having flown to perhaps 20 different airports on several different Star Alliance airlines, I have to admit that I have yet to see any other airport that provides fast track immigration for *A gold card holders flying economy.

I am definitely not making excuses for TG, and they do a poor showing with a lot of things, such as their mediocre lounges at BKK...but I can't fault them for not giving fast tack immigration to economy class with gold cards. Anyway, fast track queues are already getting too long with adding still more passengers to it.

• 2 weeks later...

If flying business class on a cheapo-Airline that does not give you priority access, it may make sense to book the arrival/departure VIP-services of BANGKOK FLIGHT SERVICES (a BKK Air subsidiary).

Costs 800 Baht up (depending on what you want) and I use them every time when I return from my home country after my yearly X-Mas holiday, with usually at least 50 KG of luggage in tow. Well worth the money in those cases

4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Yes they do.

4 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

No they don't.

Have had to ask for mine more than once.

Maybe its because I am a hansum man.

Anyway...... nearly every time I am standing in line at immigration there is always someone without a priority pass who tries to sneak in and then gets booted out once they get to the immigration official.

On 7/22/2017 at 10:24 AM, Prbkk said:

I've seen it back more than halfway across the terminal....usually around 8-10am is the problem. Yes, Thai is a breeze ( but they screw their own gold card members out of that lane).

I try to avoid anticipated 'peak' times at BKK either in or out, but a even then the Chinese can disrupt one's hopes.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:34 AM, SheungWan said:

Maybe its because I am a hansum man.

Anyway...... nearly every time I am standing in line at immigration there is always someone without a priority pass who tries to sneak in and then gets booted out once they get to the immigration official.

Letting you off because of your avatar.  Carry on Sir.

• 2 months later...